[SOLVED] Freeze + restart random times

Aug 10, 2020
Hi guys, thank all the people who will help me in this thread.

The pc freezes and restarts randomly, someone help me to find out the origin of the problem!

It has been 1-2 months that the PC has started to freeze randomly (whether in game, random browsing, video playback yt or simply idle on the desktop) below will be my configuration:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x @stock
GPU: Msi Gaming trio x 1080ti @stock
Ram: 2x16gb 3000mhz dual channel corsair lpx
Storage: 500gb SSD Samsung evo 850 - 2TB p300 HDD
Motherboard: Asus Rog Crosshair VII hero WIFI Bios 1.0.0.4 version 3004
PSU: Evga b3 550W

I ran Memtest and everything is ok after 1 full day in testing

CrystalDiskinfo reported problems with my 2tb external hdd despite being a few months old
Crystal-Disk-Info-20200810154331.png

I ran various cpu-gpu stress tests and the pc didn't reboot / freeze even once or showed any signs of failure.

The situation improved when I changed the power options from AMD Ryzen High performance to balanced Windows or balanced Amd, freezes are always present but less frequent ... so I think it is something inherent to frequent voltage swings? can anyone help me or recommend other tests to understand the origin of the problem?
Sorry if there are typos and grammatical errors but English is not my main language.

P.S: I don't have the possibility to change pc components for possible tests.

Last edited by a moderator:
Solution
After about 1 week of testing with the new bios the system was found to be super stable and did not freeze or reboot even once, the cause was therefore the previous bios which was unstable with my configuration or with the ryzen 3000 series.
Hope it can help someone.
Aug 10, 2020
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

You should be on a PSU that is reliably built and can deliver at least 650W of power to the entire system. Change out the PSU and see if the issue persists. You also have a BIOS update pending.
Like i said , I don't have the possibility to change pc components for possible tests.
I think it is right to find and try other solutions that maybe solve the problem before having to spend money on new components? I noticed a new bios for my motherboard, I update and let you know if somehow it has solved the problem, maybe in the future it can help someone

Aug 10, 2020
After about 1 week of testing with the new bios the system was found to be super stable and did not freeze or reboot even once, the cause was therefore the previous bios which was unstable with my configuration or with the ryzen 3000 series.
Hope it can help someone.

Solution