Question FREEZE, STUTTER, LAG AND CHANGING HUE COLOR OF THE SCREEN

Apr 4, 2021
Recently a rat got inside my system unit peed and pooped everywhere so I cleaned everything. It was working fine then, but suddenly I got this freeze and stuttering on my screen and the color hue of the screen is changing, the mouse arrow is delayed, but there is a display. Sometimes when I boot, it freezes in the loading circle meaning its stuck and won't finish it's boot. I tried troubleshooting, cleaned my gpu again with buds and alcohol at the back only, I did not really opened it (maybe because the pee of the rat still there), running diagnostic software test, reinstalling the driver.. NOTHING; And as I wrote this, Im playing dota2, it is working properly now. But I'm afraid that it will happen again, Idk what seems to be the problem. I observed the GPU, the temp is okay, I don't smell any burn or whatsoever, the led lights aint flashing any color that would indicate the problem. Please help I need to fix making sure it will work properly.

I actually ran a FurMark test already like thrice, it did not crash or did not occur any problem. I ran CHKDSK also and never found any problem.

The odd thing is, while I'm surfing the web, and watching youtube.. the issue happened and at the same time that the color hue of the screen changes, I head something, something a notification sound that something was unplugged.. I need help

i3 10105f
Asus Rog Strix b460-F
g.skill aegis 2400mhz 8x2
asrock rx 570 4gb
Mag 550w 80+ bronze PSU
Rakk Hawani Case
Tammuz 240gb ssd
Seagate 1tb hdd

Lutfij

Titan
My question is, how did you clean off all the crud from what that rodent did in your chassis? What was the extent of the damage? Was the fan on the PSU facing up in the chassis? you might want to begin breadboarding the system innards and then work your way up with a fresh set of cables as well as sourcing a donor PSU that can output 550W of power to the entire system while you have the RX570 in there. I'd advise on working with the iGPU first and see if the stuttering is gone.

BIOS version for your motherboard? Cooler for the processor? Thermals for the innards? Ambient room air temps? Also, how did a rat get inside the case? Did you leave the side panel open?

Reactions: sqweeky
Apr 4, 2021
Than
My question is, how did you clean off all the crud from what that rodent did in your chassis? What was the extent of the damage? Was the fan on the PSU facing up in the chassis? you might want to begin breadboarding the system innards and then work your way up with a fresh set of cables as well as sourcing a donor PSU that can output 550W of power to the entire system while you have the RX570 in there. I'd advise on working with the iGPU first and see if the stuttering is gone.

BIOS version for your motherboard? Cooler for the processor? Thermals for the innards? Ambient room air temps? Also, how did a rat get inside the case? Did you leave the side panel open?

Thanks for the response.

1. I cleaned it using cotton buds and alcohol.
  2. The extend damage? I'm not quite sure. As what I see, it's behind the GPU, above the motherboard panel near somewhere in cpu, Probably inside the AIO shield and also I see some burnt - im not sure, it's color white or green something beside or between the "SupremeFX S1220A CODEC" chip and BIOS battery. It is very small part only. But the back of the motherboard is totally dry and also my FAN hub was totally drenched with pee of the rat so Im not using it anymore.
  3. The fan of the PSU is facing downwards.
  4. What is breadboarding the system innards?
  5. Well I also got some case where my pc don't have power or wont turn on. Probably when my extension wire is full - or when something other device or appliance that consumes much power plugging in.
  6. BIOS version is "Version 1620"
  7. Cooler of the processor is ID cooling se 207 xt
  8. Thermal Innards? I actually do not know since I haven't opened everything, I just cleaned only the surface.
  9. Ambient room air temps around 27-32c in morning or afternoon because my room has AC.
  10. The rat went behind the case, there is actually opening between the GPU plugging area.
I found the mouse last night, still trying to get in. Jeez

I played Dota2, Apex Legends and New World this morning for like 2 - 3 hours and was never experience the issue or whatsoever BUT now as I type this. I'm experiencing it again, I mean only the stuttering and lagging delay's in the screen but not so much.

and again, when the hue color changes in the screen, I hear the unplugged notification sound again. It's like the cable is faulty or what; I checked it and it was totally fine.

Last edited: