Freezeing when I press Start Windows Normally

carsonbrommerich

Prominent
May 1, 2018
Okay so I have a really old Windows XP pc with me today and whenever you boot it up, you get the screen "We apologize for the inconvenience, but windows did not start successfully. A recent hardware or software change might have caused this." Yeah that screen. Well I can go up and choose safe mode and it loads just fine, but when I press Start normally, it freezes the whole pc and doesn't do a thing... I let it sit for about 45 minutes and it did nothing. The only thing I can think of why this happened is because we had a power outage and so maybe it corrupted something. If you know any possible fixes please let me know!

Thanks.

Solution
D
What pc configuration you have? If it is decent IT MAY NOT support Windows XP. I recomend you to reinstall pc. Before reinstallation you need to attach your pc hdd to another pc to copy files that you need. Then reinstall XP, but highly recommended is to install newer OS-Windows 7, WIndows 8 or Windows 10.

P.S.Sorry for my bad English, I am from Latvia.
D

Deleted member 2449024

What pc configuration you have? If it is decent IT MAY NOT support Windows XP. I recomend you to reinstall pc. Before reinstallation you need to attach your pc hdd to another pc to copy files that you need. Then reinstall XP, but highly recommended is to install newer OS-Windows 7, WIndows 8 or Windows 10.

P.S.Sorry for my bad English, I am from Latvia.

Solution