Question Freezes and Low FPS

Feb 1, 2021
I recently upgraded my pc case and got a new aio ( coolermaster ml240 mirror). After I had done that I played some games and had no problems. As time went on my pc started to get slower and slower to the point where I cant play some games. I enabled xmp after I found out about it and it did not get better it only got worse. I have since then disabled it, but it was no use. I have reinstalled gpu drivers and reinstalled my AIO thinking it may have been working to hard. My specs are rtx 2070, I7 9700k, 16gb trident z 3200. My temps are very low so that's not the issue, but I've noticed that my gpu specifically doesn't seem to go close to 100% usage. I don't know if that is normal but I thought Id include it anyway.

Feb 1, 2021
Full system specs? and what are you playing for games/settings/resolution etc...
I'm running medium graphics, but going to low graphics doesn't change anything. No anti-aliasing, most effects off or low.
Specs - I7 9700k,
RTX 2070 (MSI ARMOR),
16gb trident z rgb,
ASUS Maximus XI Hero,
Coolermaster ml240 mirror,
Cooler Master td500 case
Seasonic focus+ gold ( don't remember the exact wattage and I cant check right now)

Res - 1920 x 1080

ZeroDollarBudget

Commendable
Sep 5, 2019
Start by checking for background tasks, set your computer to performance setting will help with that under power management/performance if memory serves me.

Next, use DDU (display driver uninstaller) and fully clean your system of display drivers, then re-install them and restart your pc. Then, open your game and go to task manager, and to processes, and try setting the priority to high or above normal.

if none of that works, it may benefit you to completely reset the pc... but before that you can always try a resource monitor to check for abnormalities like temps and cpu/gpu utilization. anything like hw monitor or i use open hardware monitor (its all free) and pair that with your task manager to see if its spiking cpu usage, temps, spiking disk usage and all that.

Also forgot to ask, are you running it off a hdd or ssd?

Feb 1, 2021
Start by checking for background tasks, set your computer to performance setting will help with that under power management/performance if memory serves me.

Next, use DDU (display driver uninstaller) and fully clean your system of display drivers, then re-install them and restart your pc. Then, open your game and go to task manager, and to processes, and try setting the priority to high or above normal.

if none of that works, it may benefit you to completely reset the pc... but before that you can always try a resource monitor to check for abnormalities like temps and cpu/gpu utilization. anything like hw monitor or i use open hardware monitor (its all free) and pair that with your task manager to see if its spiking cpu usage, temps, spiking disk usage and all that.

Im running off ssd. 860 evo to be exact. Ive already uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers. I'll do the task manager thing right now

Feb 1, 2021

I already have performance mode enabled. It says my game currently is using low power but this is a simple game that gives me 400+ frames so it isn't an issue