Freezes, crashes, constant restarts

Geopete

Prominent
Apr 7, 2017
PC started off with the screen going black, still had sound on some occasions, then it progressively became worse. Freezing and then crashing. I've replaced an older PSU, this seemed to solve the issue for several weeks, but it started again and is now much worse. I've removed all drives but one. Completed a fresh install of windows7 x64 still having the same issue. I've tried different (older) versions of drivers, memcheck, nothing is overheating, different SSD's with different OS's. The only time the PC runs properly is when i'm in safe-mode. I'm beginning to think it is my GPU, CPU or something wrong with the mobo. I have a fairly new GPU, NVIDIA gtx 960. The other components are also fairly new, no more than 2 years old. I had the CPU (AMD FX 6350) overclocked for about 1 year, but has now been set to default. No viruses or malware. Any ideas fellas? Thanks in advance.

Geopete

Prominent
Apr 7, 2017

Good call, I'll check for a current version. I have 8gigs (two 4gig sticks). I'll post the results, thanks.

Jason_247

Prominent
Mar 14, 2017

Ok, and do try cleaning the RAM slot and run Windows 7 using a single stick and see how they work..