Core i7 6700k water cooled
GTX 1080 SEA HAWK EK X 8GB water cooled
ROG MAXIMUS VIII HERO ALPHA
32gb of CORSAIR Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200
SAMSUNG 960 EVO M.2 500GB
EVGA SuperNOVA 850w
Windows 10 Pro

ISSUE:

My computer freezes while booting. It gets past BIOS screen, start the circular spinning dots animation, then the dots freeze and all you see on that screen is the frozen dots the ASUS ROG logo.

TROUBLESHOOTING SUCCESS:

I have been able to, if lucky, get around this issue allowing a normal boot, using a number of different trial and error bandaid techniques.
1. The first one that worked for the longest amount of time was updating the BIOS to most recent version. That appeared to fix this issue for about a month, but now the issue is back.
2. I was then able to fix it by booting to safemode, and restarting from there.
3. Then when that stopped working, I was able to get it to normal boot up by uninstalling my Graphics card driver from device manager in safemode and restarting from there, but now when I try this technique, minuets after doing a normal boot, the entire screen just goes black. I think windows may be re-installing my graphics driver? As after the screen goes black, i reboot back into safemode the driver is back again in device manager.
4. I have also had successful boots when i downgrade my bios to a previous version, then switch back to current version, and reset all BIOS settings to default. For ever reason that allowed it to boot the last time, and even a few restarts, but alas now that trick seems to be failing.

TROUBLESHOOTING FAILURE:

Now however, all my tricks don't seem to be working, and this appears to be a much larger issue becoming harder and harder to ignore.
1. I tried removing the motherboard battery for 20min, and putting it back in, but it froze again on start up.
2. I tried booting with just 1 monitor plugged in and nothing else, didnt work
3. When building this PC my motherboard died on the second day, and i had to RMA it. The symptoms then though were completely unresponsive, and never able to boot, no lights on.
4. Reinstalling Windows 10 works on first start up, but as soon as i restart, computer freezes on reboot as same symptoms above comeback.
5. I tried unplugging all my harddrives except for the one with windows on it, and that did nothing either.
6. I tried pushing the BIOS button on the back of my motherboard to reset the BIOS as well. That didn't work either.
7. Tried booting with just 1 stick of ram, didnt work

WHAT I CAN DO:

1. I can always manage to get into safemode as after a few frozen start ups, my pc does "windows recovery" and i can activate the start up options
2. When windows does successfully boot it works completely normal with no issues and runs great, until it gets put to sleep. Sometimes it wakes again just fine, but every so often the issue comes back.

Any idea's would be great, as i have no idea anymore what is causing the issue. I thought updating my bios would fix it, and fucking with bios seems to work sometimes, but as stated above, the tricks only work for a few days to a week before issue is back. Maybe one my hardware devices is dying? Motherboard? Graphics card? But it's odd that everything would work fine when i am able to get it to boot.

Solution
It's not clear to me what your problem is, and you seem to know what you are doing, but since no one else has given you a reply, i'll give it a try.

The only two suggestions i can think of right now is to check the CPU pins on your motherboard and make sure none are bent. Also look over all the wires and cables in your system to see if any are damaged or not plugged in properly.
It's not clear to me what your problem is, and you seem to know what you are doing, but since no one else has given you a reply, i'll give it a try.

The only two suggestions i can think of right now is to check the CPU pins on your motherboard and make sure none are bent. Also look over all the wires and cables in your system to see if any are damaged or not plugged in properly.

Solution
Try turning off all fast boot options. This will give the hardware more time to properly initialize and handshake.

Once able to get into windows, disable all fast boot options there. Disable hiberfil.sys so you start with current system states and loaded programs with each boot. Disable sleep function and set to cold boot each time