Freezing and artefacting - i7 6700K

Jul 31, 2018
Hi! I have problem with my pc. I have bought used i7 6700K (delidded) with Gigabyte Z270X Ultra Gaming. I am also running 8GB stick Value Corsair 2400MHz DDR4 RAM, EVGA 650 B3, Sapphire R9 280x DualX OC. I have latest UEFI on motherboard.

The issue is, that my pc is freezing after 10 mins in games, not in a 45min stress test in prime95 or AIDA. I ran a memory check via Windows utility to see, if my memory is faulty or not. The result was success. I reinstalled Windows 10 x64 and, when installer was doing his job, after second automatic restart, it was artefacting in UEFI booting process. I hard reset the pc and booted in clean windows desktop after automatic repair. I installed drivers a the system was running nice on iGPU. Dedicated graphics were unplugged or any of the internal USB peripherals too. I tried MEMTESTx86 and after 3 mins of running i got artefacting on iGPU - there were randomly situated green lines over monitor. I think that is CPU/Memory or MOBO problem. In Windows i have run Intel Processor Diagnostic Tool twice and it passed. I could not believe that, in launches windows desktop, but MEMTEST not.

I was having some hitches/freezes in Fortnite, but it only happened maybe once a hour, so i was thinking, that a game has some crashing bugs (like other people have suggested, that AMD GPUs are responded to crash after 5.0 update). Before these problems have occurred i was trying to overclock my cpu via CPU Upgrade option in BIOS. I ran stress test in prime95 and it was doing OK, so i went ahead to UEFI to turn off CPU Upgrade and manually change Core Clock to 44 and Voltage to 1.25V with LLC to Turbo. (I was OCing my cpu i5 3570K, which i had before and there were any issues.) So i ran stress test with manually set OC and after 45mins of AIDA it was running smoothly. I closed stress test and i let CPU idle for over 30 mins. System crashed, when idling. I reset CMOS and these freezes are so common afterwards on default. May it be HW failure? Thanks for any advice or help!

Jul 31, 2018
Latest UEFI is installed. I wrote it in first paragraph.

Sure, all necessary drivers I have downloaded from Gigabyte’s website, for gpu I installed 18.7.1 from amd.com

When dedicated GPU was unplugged, I used iGPU driver from intel.com

The main factor, which may be suspected is crashing - out of Windows enviroment, when am testing RAM in MemTest.