Freezing and Blue Screens, I think RAM problem? Please Help

alexusername

Reputable
Mar 6, 2015
Hello,

My computer has been having occasional freezing and blue screens. By suggestion of a friend, I ran Prime95 stress tests to see if there would be an error. I received errors after a couple minutes. I also ran the tests on each of my two RAM chips individually, to see if one of the two was causing the problem. I've linked screenshots below showing that the error only occurs with one of the two RAM chips.

http://imgur.com/Fk9mM3Z
http://imgur.com/QrpOZnX

I have messaged G.Skill who said they can take a look at the chips if I send them by mail. I was hoping to get a second opinion before doing so (as I would then be without an operating computer for some time).

Any advice or direction would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your time,

Alex

When you run the Prime95, do you have the freezing and blue screens error?
But from the two screenshots, the temp are high (max #) for the cputin, auxtin, tmpin3/4. You can use other software like core temp to check the cpu temp ( in hwmonitor it is the cputin). I think the overrheat maybe the problem. What cooler do you have?

alexusername

Reputable
Mar 6, 2015

Hi cin19, thanks for your reply.

I may have gotten a frozen screen once during my different Prime95 tests, but most freezes and blue screens seem to occur at unlikely times (e.g., when I try to open a new tab), instead of when I would expect (e.g., when I am running games such as Shadows of Mordor or Dragon Age: Inquisition).

I was also worried that temperatures may be the problem. I did not buy a specific cooler, I just have the fan that came attached with my AMD FX-8320 3.5GHz 8-Core CPU.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Alex

alexusername

Reputable
Mar 6, 2015

Hi Mysticking32,

Thanks for your reply. The blue screens do not always have the same error code, but I will list a few of them that have occurred and of which I have recorded (My event log is a nightmare and I'm not sure which events are relevant):

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL --> 0x0000000A
SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION --> 0x0000003B
0x00000024
0x00000050
0x0000007F

Thanks for your time,

Alex