Question Freezing and monitor audio distortion

May 10, 2019
i have a recently built PC and for awhile now I've been experiencing lag spikes that freezes everything for about 1-2 seconds and goes back to normal.
when i get a lag spike I've notice the audio from my monitors speakers distort but not my headset. On most occasions my computer gets noticeably louder during these lag spikes. A few times it has black screened and come back on, as if the display port had been disconnected and reconnected, when this happened it crashed the game being played.

I have gone through device manager and updated every possible driver and even downloaded nvidea experience to get the drivers it provides.
I have also monitored temps and they have not even reached 60 when playing games on max settings.
I am not overclocking.
I am using wifi.
The issue occurs when playing games and browsing not sure if it happens while idle
Not sure if its related or coincidence but windows 10, my browser and the games that I've noticed the issue are all on my SSD not hard drive. I'm sure it sounds like its the SSD but I cant be sure as I've not seen any issues with it yet as the lag is the only problem i have with my computer

build:
Microsoft windows 10
MB- ASUS TUF Z390 Plus Gaming Wi-Fi Motherboard
CPU- Intel Core i5 9600K Processor
GPU- ASUS GeForce RTX 2070 Turbo 8GB
PSU- SilverStone Essential ET650-G Gold 650W Power Supply
Ram- Corsair Vengeance LPX CMK16GX4M2B3200C16 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 Black
Storage- Seagate Barracuda 2TB ST2000DM008 3.5in Hard Drive
- Samsung 860 QVO 2.5in SATA SSD 1TB

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS