[SOLVED] Freezing at motherboard splash screen after installing new m.2

chiba_

Commendable
Jul 28, 2017
Recently I've noticed my storage on my m.2 is getting low so i figured getting a new m.2 ssd with more storage.
I know my laptop uses a 2280 sata m.2 so i figured a 860 evo would do the trick.

now for the problem
After installing the 860 evo it gets stuck on the motherboard splash screen. I'm not able to disable the splash screen to see what it's saying.
first thing that came in my mind is the m.2 card is faulty. So i got my m.2 adapter plugged it into another pc and it worked fine externally after formatting the drive. I've also replaced the cmos battery just in case. but no luck either. I have to mention that my old m.2 will work so it's not a faulty connector either.

I've been searching on the internet for a few days but can't really find anyone els with this sort of problem.

Solution
Do you have any other drives connected to your laptop? If so remove them and try connecting a Windows media installer. If you can get into the BIOS, change the boot sequence to USB first, if not try the boot menu. You may have remove the m.2 drive using only the media installer USB to boot to the BIOS.
Do you have any other drives connected to your laptop? If so remove them and try connecting a Windows media installer. If you can get into the BIOS, change the boot sequence to USB first, if not try the boot menu. You may have remove the m.2 drive using only the media installer USB to boot to the BIOS.

Solution