Question Freezing BIOS with GTX GeForce 770

Feb 19, 2019
Hello all!
I have a slight huge problem with my build.

My motherboard is a Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H with i7-3770K.
Previously, with GTX 560, everything loads fine, no delays in BIOS whatsoever. But the GTX doesn't do HDMI or Displayport.
I wanted to notch things up a bit, I installed a Zotac GTX 770 4GB. Things started acting weird: BIOS is frozen, pressing F12/End/etc doesn't do anything, but after a while, Windows actually does load without any issues.

I tried to check maybe it's the monitor, but it works the same with a very old monitor as well. Have tried with an SSD with a Hackintosh to eliminate the possibility that it's a Windows issue, and BIOS is still frozen. In my Windows, I've installed the drivers for 770, no improvement. Even tried switching to another PCI slot, and resetting CMOS, nada.

I've checked online and nobody seems to have any problems of motherboard/cpu/gpu compatilibity.
Any idea guys? Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Feb 19, 2019
Is the card known working? Has it been tried in another pc?

Is there any bios updates for your motherboard available?

Yeah it works perfectly fine in another PC. When I'm in Windows, I can see the GPU in Device Manager, so I suppose there is no problem between Windows and the GPU. I'm on Windows 7 btw, but I don't think it should be a problem, since even when I remove the drive that has Windows on it, and replace it with the SSD with a Hackintosh, I still get the frozen BIOS splash page :/

The BIOS has always been Version F14, which was the last stable build. All the other builds they've released is Beta, so I'm not going to risk that. God knows what is happening really, I've already loaded factory defaults on BIOS...:/

Feb 19, 2019
So, back to square 1: Machine went to sleep while i was in the shower, got back, and BAM it's the same issue now. I've tried researching on debug code 'b2', turns out it might be error 62 which is some GPU thing:
https://forums.tomshardware.com/thr...erMjTfHzlrnMf71Buaa0Acy39cf1vbOtVQ-dQCXBbpMtY

My question now is: My BIOS is already the latest version, what else can I do now? :/