Question Freezing display, noisy pc case, help please.

Dec 9, 2019
Last year i started to have 2 issues with my pc, i have no idea what could case them, i even tried cmd scan and repair and i reinstalled windows but they are still there (so i dont think it is a software issue).

First is:

sometimes when i turn on the pc, some weird noise like a driving car is in the pc case, its not always when i turn it on, i tried to put my ear on the case to find out where from the noise is coming from and i guess it was a fan (back side fan not gpu i guess) but im not sure, it stops when the pc is in the user logging screen.

Second is:

Sometimes when the pc is turned on and im doing stuff on the desktop, when i click on a folder or i doubleclick on some program or click on a windows icon or anything my desktop or whole monitor will freeze, i cant move my mouse at all or do anything, it will freeze for maybe 2 seconds and then unfreeze, BUT it does again the weird noise as pc does sometimes when i turn it on but i guess sometimes the noise in this second case is different, and also it will somehow unplug my headphones that were plugged in the monitor, but i think it also did when they were plugged in the case...and it did plug them in again and the window with audio settings will pop up as if i plugged in my headphones...

So i dont know if it is a gpu problem or a motherboard problem or a display problem (probably not because of the noises from the case which occur when freezing happens), didnt know in which discussion to put it but the main issue is the display freezing. I read on the internet people saying like their pc will freeze and it will stay like that and they need to turn off the pc and turn it on again, THATS NOT MY CASE.

So please someone tell me what could be the issue here, which component/s should i take out and send it to the seller to send me a new one or what should i do.

Dec 9, 2019
Computer
ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. ROG MAXIMUS X HERO (WI-FI AC)
Operating System
Microsoft Windows 10 Home (64-bit)
Processor
Intel® Core™ i7-8700K CPU @ 3.70GHz
Graphics
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti o11g
Audio
NVIDIA High Definition Audio
Realtek High Definition Audio
Terratec DMX 6fire WDM Audio

Networking and I/O
Realtek 8822BE Wireless LAN 802.11ac PCI-E NIC
Intel® Ethernet Connection (2) I219-V

Memory
32 GB - G.skill TridentZ rgb
Storage
Samsung SSD 960 EVO 250GB
WDC WD4004FZWX-00GBGB0
Intel® 300 Series Chipset Family SATA AHCI Controller

Power Supply
Seasonic Focus Plus 550 Gold

CPU temp = 25-30 °
CPU udage = 10%
GPU temp = 38 °
GPU usage = 20-25%
SSD usage = 0%
HDD usage = 0%
RAM usage = 19%

I did a scan with Malwarebytes and it didnt find anything.

Dec 9, 2019
I read alot before buying it and people were saying it is ok...also i didnt play any much demanding games or making renders in the last months as i did before and there wasnt any issue before, i dont use this pc much now...its 90% of time using nothing cause i dont use it for games that much anymore and these issues im explaining occur when i just click on a folder or something when im not using it 100%, when i play games it doesnt happen AT ALL. So i dont think it has something to do with usages. It is very strange, thats why im here cause i didnt find anything that could explain these issues.

Could you please find out where the sound comes from.

It can be the fan on your CPU, on your case, the power supply fan.

An easy way to find out is to just slowly and gently touch the fan while they are running. Don't jam your finger in there and stop it.

Dec 9, 2019
Well but i cant tell you right now because it happens randomly, but i think the first problem when starting up is the fan that is in the back of the case, i think i even saw that it was spinning weirdly that i could see. But it is kinda weird that fan would cause pc to freeze and unplug headphones etc..

Well but i cant tell you right now because it happens randomly, but i think the first problem when starting up is the fan that is in the back of the case, i think i even saw that it was spinning weirdly that i could see. But it is kinda weird that fan would cause pc to freeze and unplug headphones etc..

I'm not saying it's causing your problem. I just wanted to make sure it was a case fan and not your CPU fan or PSU fan going crazy. A fan making noise could mean that it's running slower and a CPU fan running slower when it needs to be faster can cause overheating.

Troubleshooting a PC is a process of elimination. Please eliminate that sound / find exactly what is doing it and report back ;)

Dec 9, 2019
Hi, so i finally got to hear both, the first one is 100% a fan that is in the back not a cpu fan or psu fan or gpu fan, and the sound that is when my screen freezes is probably from a HDD but im not 100% sure cause its hard to tell but that sound sounds like when you turn on the pc and its starting up, the same sound i guess.

Dec 9, 2019
I'm not saying it's causing your problem. I just wanted to make sure it was a case fan and not your CPU fan or PSU fan going crazy. A fan making noise could mean that it's running slower and a CPU fan running slower when it needs to be faster can cause overheating.

Troubleshooting a PC is a process of elimination. Please eliminate that sound / find exactly what is doing it and report back ;)
:/ Thought my problem will be solved if i write here but i guess my post got lost in bunch of other posts...