Freezing in idle or low work.

randomninja

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2010
Problem?
When in idle or low work like browsing the web, watching youtube my computer will suddely freeze, everything will stop only thing i can do is move my mouse around. Keyboard has no response or mouse clicks and i will have to forcefully restart PC to get it back to normal.

Time of the problem?
Anywhere from 3 min after login in windows to 1-2 hours.

Does it happen when running a game?
No it never happens ingame i can play BF3, Batman Origins, Secret world, swtor for 3-5 hours no lag or blackout or bsod also the PC was tested 5 hours Prime95 no errors, idle temp 37c, load temp 63c.

Pc configuration?
FX 6300 oced 4.3ghz (oc or stock the problem still occurs)
Zalman CPNS x11 performa
M5A97 R2.0
Kingston 4GB DDR3 1600
WD Blue 500gb
EVGA GeForce 460 SSC edition
500w Chieftec

Things i tryed?
Stock vs oced problem still happens, latest bios and firmware updates, Changing all deviced in power plan HDD, USB, network card and all other settings to not put to sleep, turning off sleep mode.

Other things you noticed?

Sometimes computer does come back and dosen't freezes completly but will be really laggy with opening windows and typing, durning that time i would check processor usage and ram usage and they are normal for desktop operations.

The only thing i haven't done yet is reinstall windows. Which is something i hopefully won't have to do since i got tons of stuff on it and would hate to reinstall all. Hopefully there is a solution

Solution
go to the msconfig box. deselect everything that is not window/miocrosoft related. reboot and run machine. what happens?

start/run/type msconfig in box/hit enter.

you will see a box at the bottom under services to make microsoft essential software to be hidden making it easier to locate the other stuff............. again............ look under services and under startup.

randomninja

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2010
are you trying to help out or just out to troll? I already told you everything is clear, i have already scanned it with a proper scanning tools not those shitty online scanners.

randomninja

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2010

Reset cmos? Thats used for overclocking fail and your system not booting up. I don't have that problem.

2u7q6fa.jpg

randomninja

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2010

1) I already tryed it without any firewall in offline mode and the problem still occurs.
2) I already had the same problem when i installed windows for the first time.
3) Already did problem still occurs.
4) My windows updates are ON and all my devices drivers are updated.
5) I use CCleaner and tab startup programs to manage them. The problem still occurs.

go to the msconfig box. deselect everything that is not window/miocrosoft related. reboot and run machine. what happens?

start/run/type msconfig in box/hit enter.

you will see a box at the bottom under services to make microsoft essential software to be hidden making it easier to locate the other stuff............. again............ look under services and under startup.

Solution

randomninja

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2010

TRENDING THREADS