Question Freezing issue with Battlefield 3 single player campaign ?

ROCK BAND

Prominent
Jan 25, 2020
Hello guys, first of all my system specifications are:

core 2 duo e7500 2.93 ghz
4gb ddr2 ram
nvidia geforce gt 710 with 2gb gddr3
500 gb hdd
Windows 7 ultimate 64-bit

I recently bought battlefield 3 cd from offline store. i usually don't play multiplayer so i only bought this game for its offline campaign. Now, when i played i started on low settings and played 1st train mission which freezed for 5 seconds only once, but after completing this and reaching 2nd mission operations swordsbreaker, i started getting frequent freezes, game started freezing for 5 to 10 seconds after interval of 15 to 20 seconds. I am feeling frustated, i don't want my money to get waste so please help me, my friend has same specs as me except his cpu is core 2 duo e6500 and he has no freezes, i tries reinstalling game reinstalling drivers. I also tried turning off origin and start game without origin but i only play single player campaign so i want to fix it please help me. i will thankful to you.

EDIT: This is the only game that has such problem as i have many games which have higher requirements than this game like gta 5 and metal gear solid 5 the phantom pain but they have no issues or freezing or shuttering, also when bf 3 is not freezing, my fps is between 50-60. so there is no problem from my pc as this is the only game which has such problems.

EDIT: I used msi afterburner and got to know that when game freezes, my cpu usage is 100 percent this show that this game is not optimised but my friend has wors cpu than me but still he has no freeze please help me.

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
Back in the day I had to overclock my platform, a Q9550 to 2.93GHz, and the rams to DDR3-1600MHz in order to get playable(smooth) frames off of an HD6970. You apparently have everything well below what I had and I'm also guessing your PSU can't handle the stress exerted during that games gameplay since the game at the time was very taxing on the CPU and the entire system.

Speaking of taxing, what is the make and model of your PSU and it's age? Can you share a link to the "offline store" where you purchased the game off of?

ROCK BAND

Prominent
Jan 25, 2020
link of store? i am talking about real shop not online ( physical store) also, my psu is corsair CV450 of 450 watts and its 1 year old and this freezing issue is only on battlefield 3. I also have battlefield 4 and i completed its campaign and it had no freezing issue. I don't play games online ( actually i like but i don't have good internet so i play offline only) so i buy games only for campaign. So are you telling me that battlefield 4 has lower pc requirement than battlefield 3? i also have mgs 5 tpp, gta 5 which are more demanding than bf 3 but they have no issues. My friend has same pc as me except his cpu is core 2 duo e6500 which is worse than me and his psu is also worse than me but still his avg fps is lower than me but he has no freezing and if if would be my system then i wouldn't be having 50-60 fps. When game is not freezing then i have 50 to 60 fps so my system is fine here, i think its game bug but still there should be any fix. I am ready to compromise graphics but please solve freeze issue please.

However game store address is boring road, patna, bihar, india, asia.