Question Freezing issues while playing some games and exiting apps/games

Dec 1, 2020
I've been having random freezes for months now. It mostly happens when I'm playing online and when I go to close a game, it will freeze and audio loop when I'm in the middle of a game or when I go back to the lobby after playing an online match (such as COD Cold War but it happens on a few games, even online Minecraft) or on newer games which are quite demanding, which results in me having to hold down the power button to restart. When I'm playing older single player games it doesn't happen at all which is strange. I've tried memtest and there's been no problems, nothing in event viewer when it crashes and my HDD is also fine from testing it which leads me to believe it's a hardware issue like a dying GPU or PSU?

My specs are:
Ryzen 5 2600
Sapphire Nitro RX580 8GB
2x 16gb Ballistix RAM
AS ROCK AB350M Pro 4 Mobo
EVGA 450W bronze

Its also worth noting nothings overclocked and I've tried repositioning the GPU and RAM sticks, and updating my drivers. I've not bothered to update my bios as it's not advised to flash the one that I have on already because its the one that's recommended. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts