Freezing lagging with new upgrades

averyn34

Commendable
Mar 27, 2016
I just bought new ram cpu and mobo, I am experiencing freezing lagging and random hang ups I have switched out RAM with my roommate to see if it's ram related does not appear to be my build is as follows

Asus m5a97 2.0 mobo
Amd fx 83000
2 8gb go kill rip jaw 4 ram sticks
Nvidia 970 gtx 4gb
750 w corsair xl psu

averyn34

Commendable
Mar 27, 2016
I will list event logs here

Critical: event Id 41, source is kernel-power 7 occurrences in the past 24 hours log is system

Error: event I'd 10 source wmi application log 47 occurrences in past 24 hrs
Event I'd 46, source volmgr. Seeing some more kernel power posts some power she'll posts a few msi installer errors in the error section. Any of this point towards an issue?

averyn34

Commendable
Mar 27, 2016
Yeah whole bunch of nothing on diagnostics. Reapplied thermal paste, ran chkdsk some virus programs, doesn't appear to be a windows problem I've tried different OS's. I've ordered a new HD as no one I know has an extra for me to use atm. May try to switch HDD with someone to see if it's HDD related.

averyn34

Commendable
Mar 27, 2016
Still locking up haven't changed hdd yet though still getting lock ups on my pc in safe mode as well. Is this an hdd problem or a cpu problem? Don't think it's cpu Temps are all normal and everything.

averyn34

Commendable
Mar 27, 2016
Still locking up haven't changed hdd yet though still getting lock ups on my pc in safe mode as well. Is this an hdd problem or a cpu problem? Don't think it's cpu Temps are all normal and everything.

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
If it's happening in Safe Mode too, it's pretty safe to assume it's hardware related...

I'd normally suggest you breadboard (ie back to basics, just the CPU + HSF, Mobo, 1xRAM and PSU connectors) but given the lack of onboard graphics with that chip, there's not too much you can remove. Replacing the HDD is a good start, and the most likely culprit in this situation.

If you're not prepared to wait for your new HDD and want to keep trying options, I'd suggest you remove all but 1 RAM module and see if the issue continues.

Technically, any of your components could be causing the freezes, but if the temps are normal on the CPU & GPU, it's less likely to be them.

Another option could be the PSU. I've never heard of the XL model? It's possible there's inconsistent power, or power spikes/surges, although surges would likely manifest itself with a dead PSU, not just freezing.

averyn34

Commendable
Mar 27, 2016

Def not RAM related already done everything there. PSU MAY be the culprit but I highly doubt it. Speccy shows she's running just fine.