Freezing picture on Youtube videos when viewed at HD resolutions and low FPS on Youtube videos in general (Solved)

aor999

Honorable
Jun 28, 2017
I don't know where to post this thread, so I post it here (Administrators can move to other board if this is the wrong one):
Anyway: in the recent times, I've two annoying problems when watching Youtube videos:
1. Picture freeze (But sound continue to play) at HD resolutions when viewed on Firefox Portable. Occurs on various computers and not only on mine.
2. In several of my Youtube videos, the FPS gets low so the picture faltering. This occurs with all web browsers (Internet Explorer 11, Firefox portable, Pale Moon and Google Chrome) and on various computers and not only on mine. See the following video for an example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4RzT1vQeZE
What causes these problems?

Solution
Actually the reason for the first problem of freezing picture at HD resolution, is as a result of the MSE & WebM VP9 codec being enabled. I disabled it, and the problem solved.

aor999

Honorable
Jun 28, 2017
The first problem don't occurs with Pale Moon (I didn't checked it with Google Chrome of my mother and my father computer) but only with Firefox Portable.
The second problem occurs also with Pale Moon and also with Google Chrome of my mother computer.
My ISP is Bezeq International, 30 Mbit/s download and 1.5 Mbit/s upload.
I use Windows 7. You can see this on my signature.

aor999

Honorable
Jun 28, 2017
Update: Downloaded non-modified Firefox (Hebrew language), and the first problem with the freezing picture but sound playing, when choosing HD resolutions, solved.
But the second problem, where in several of my Youtube videos, the FPS often gets low, continues even on the non-modified Firefox (Example of a video that the FPS gets low: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9mHhmmZ31b0 )
Why it is happening?

aor999

Honorable
Jun 28, 2017
Actually the reason for the first problem of freezing picture at HD resolution, is as a result of the MSE & WebM VP9 codec being enabled. I disabled it, and the problem solved.

Solution