[SOLVED] Freezing/Turning off When Playing high end games

Status
Not open for further replies.

RegularGuy

Commendable
Feb 21, 2020
Hi i just swapped my old proccesor (amd a4 6300) with a x4 860k it freezes when i play games like Gta V or Rust it freezes or the pc turns off but the power light stays on until i unplug the cable from the psu but when i play League of Legends on very high it works perfectly normal
PC Specs:
Motherboard : F2A68HM-S1
GPU : RX 470 STRIX
RAM Memory : 4GB SK Hynix 1600mhz/8GB Kingston 1600mhz DDR3
CPU : AMD X4 860K
PSU : Zeus 560W zus-560

On my old cpu it worked perfectly fine no freezes no random turn offs pls help! (i know it is a huge bottleneck)

RegularGuy

Commendable
Feb 21, 2020
Cpu temp when idle is like 10/20C When playing League around 40/45 Gpu Around 45/50C When playing rust Cpu 45/53C Gpu 50/58C oh i forgot to mention i hear a click sound in my pc when i play rust/gta and it turns off but the power light doesnt

Last edited:
Cpu temp when idle is like 10/20C When playing League around 40/45 Gpu Around 45/50C When playing rust Cpu 45/53C Gpu 50/58C
Those are great temps.
Both CPUs should use the same BIOS so that shouldn't be an issue.
The new CPU does use 30 watts more power.....and I would think a good quality 560 watt PSU would probably cover that....but I am not familiar with Zues power supplies and perhaps you aren't getting what you should be out of it.

My guess would be the PSU is going bad...the zeus 560 was a decent psu in it's day but it's pretty old at this point. Your motherboard is also older so it is possible that something besides the psu is causing the problem. Try running HWinfo64 and see if it will detect your system voltages. There are plenty of ATX psu voltage guides on goolge that you can compare your psu to and see if it's still meeting specifications...make sure you measure it under load. HWinfo64 allows logging so you can look at the readings after a gaming session.

To me that click you mentioned makes me think that the PSU, or maybe the motherboard, is opening a protection relay. Probably overcurrent or overheat. PSU's lose a few % of their capacity every year. The caps get old and can't keep up with the demands of the system.

That click could be some sort of arcing, as a result of of the sudden change in current from full load to no load (on, to off) but that is unlikely.

Do you live in an old house with old wiring? Have you checked the voltage at the outlet? (don't attempt to check the voltage unless you know how to do so safely, as there is a real risk of electrocution) Are you using a UPS?

RegularGuy

Commendable
Feb 21, 2020
I downloaded HWinfo64 and at the bottom next to my hard drive is a ! Could that couse any problems? And i figured that rust doesnt turn off or freeze my pc when i set it to 720p

RegularGuy

Commendable
Feb 21, 2020
so guys i figured it out ty all for helping my airflow was bad so the hot air from the cpu came into the psu and it overheated.

Status
Not open for further replies.