Freezing within a few moments of start up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joelus87

Prominent
Aug 6, 2017
Hello,

I am hoping someone will have a possible solution to my problem.

Basically, within a few moments of starting up, my laptop freeezes up.

I am using an Acer Aspire V3-572G, Windows 10. As far as I am aware all drivers are update, I use McAfee antivirus program. All clean etc etc. Only a few programs installed.

This is a referbed laptop so don't have access to start up disks etc.

I don't know how to change any of BIOS settings or anything like that. And I can't seem to start it up in safe mode.

So please please help!!

Solution
How long have you given it to thaw out from its freeze before hitting the pwoer button to try again? The old F8 way into Safe Mode isn't available in Windows 10 but if you mash the power button when turning on so it goes off again and if you do that a few times, it will offer you the StartUp Repair options and you need to go into Command Prompt to type
chkdsk /r
then hit the Enter key. Checkdisk will try to seek out and fix any disk errors which could be the cause of the slowness or failure to work properly.
How long have you given it to thaw out from its freeze before hitting the pwoer button to try again? The old F8 way into Safe Mode isn't available in Windows 10 but if you mash the power button when turning on so it goes off again and if you do that a few times, it will offer you the StartUp Repair options and you need to go into Command Prompt to type
chkdsk /r
then hit the Enter key. Checkdisk will try to seek out and fix any disk errors which could be the cause of the slowness or failure to work properly.

Solution

Superkoopatrooper

Honorable
Mar 15, 2013
My first suspect is always ram in regards to boot up instability. It's really common yet is usually overlooked. If the laptop uses two sticks of ram, take one out and see if it boots. If it doesnt, swap the ram sticks and try again. If that doesnt solve the issue, at least you can rule one part out.

Status
Not open for further replies.