[SOLVED] Frequency Keeps Changing

Aug 15, 2019
Hi my cpu frequency keeps changing from the lowest it will go like 0.8 to the highest 4.1 and sometimes random frequencies in between when im idle . It also does this when I have a game open and I am in alt tabbed too. I cant check while I have game in full screen (if it is different) because I have one monitor. Is this normal, if not how can I fix it. I have a i5-8600k and asus z370-p. I gots these numbers from core temp

Solution
Unless you manually OC your CPU and set all cores to run e.g 4.3 Ghz all the time, the fluctuating core speed is completely normal. CPU utilization follows the need and on idle, CPU core speed is supposed to be around 0.8 - 1.1 Ghz. My i5-6600K does the same thing. Also, lower core speed = less power consumption and heat production = longer lifespan for CPU.

Fix: OC your CPU and set all the cores running at constant speed, even when CPU doesn't need to have it's core speed that high during PC idle.

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
Unless you manually OC your CPU and set all cores to run e.g 4.3 Ghz all the time, the fluctuating core speed is completely normal. CPU utilization follows the need and on idle, CPU core speed is supposed to be around 0.8 - 1.1 Ghz. My i5-6600K does the same thing. Also, lower core speed = less power consumption and heat production = longer lifespan for CPU.

Fix: OC your CPU and set all the cores running at constant speed, even when CPU doesn't need to have it's core speed that high during PC idle.

Solution