[SOLVED] Frequent Blue Screens after SSD installation

Miner06er

Reputable
Dec 31, 2016
Got a samsung 860 evo for christmas and installed it into my pc (fresh installed windows onto it) then while playing games i had gotten around 1 or 2 blue screens a day, i only recorded 2 of the error codes and they were IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL and UNEXPECTED KERNEL MODE TRAP. I ran the windows memory test diagnostic and it came back with no problems, i then re installed windows and it seemed like it fixed everything, but now in the past week (i reinstalled windows around the 28th) i’ve been having bsods again. i just got INTERRUPT EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED and DPC WATCHDOG VIOLATION a couple days ago and im writing this just after i got MEMORY MANAGMENT. Will I have to try and return the SSD? Or is there some settings im missing. (I do have samsung magician installed and the short SMART self test came back with no errors. any solutions are appreciated

Solution
  1. Windows key + R
  2. Type in CMD to get to command prompt.
  3. Type in "sfc /scannow"
This should check your windows operating system files to see if there are any corrupt files.

You could also try a different sata port on your motherboard, there's a small chance one of them might be bad?

*It could mean "MEMORY" as in RAM as well. Maybe it's coincidental im not sure. Try running default RAM settings in BIOS. If you have XMP turned on, try playing with it turned off.

I wonder if samsung had special drivers that you can download for your specific SSD?
Nov 9, 2020
  1. Windows key + R
This should check your windows operating system files to see if there are any corrupt files.

You could also try a different sata port on your motherboard, there's a small chance one of them might be bad?

*It could mean "MEMORY" as in RAM as well. Maybe it's coincidental im not sure. Try running default RAM settings in BIOS. If you have XMP turned on, try playing with it turned off.

I wonder if samsung had special drivers that you can download for your specific SSD?

Solution

Miner06er

Reputable
Dec 31, 2016
Did that scan and it came back saying it found corrupt files and successfully repaired them. If the bsods continue I'll try changing the sata port, reseat my ram, and turn off xmp.

In the Samsung software it shows that my drivers are up to date

Miner06er

Reputable
Dec 31, 2016
  1. Windows key + R

This fixed the bluescreens for about a week. Have had 2 in the past 3 days. IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL and CRITICAL STRUCTURE CORRUPTION. Also when i had originally reinstalled windows it stopped the bluescreens for around a week then they came back. What could be happening?