• Now's your chance win big! Join our community and get entered to win a RTX 2060 GPU, plus more! Join here.

Pi Cast Episode 3 streams live on Tuesday, August 4th at 2:30 pm ET (7:30 PM BST). Watch live right here!

Catch Scharon on the Tom's Hardware Show live on Thursday, August 6th at 2:00 pm ET (7:00 PM BST). Click here!

Question Frequent BSOD, Always different Error Code, Tested Many Components

Jun 22, 2020
Ryzen 3600
MSI X570 A-Pro
Trident Z RGB 3600MHz CL 18
XFX Radeon 5700XT
970 Evo 500GB
Seagate Barracuda 3TB

Built this pc for my younger brother about a year ago. First month of use, worked fine, then started blue screening every few days. He didn't mention it until quite recently once it became apparent to him this was happening way too frequently to be normal. Nowadays, he's getting BSOD anywhere from 3 to 6 times a day with 5 hours of use or so. The BSOD have been lots of stuff. I haven't been able to find any correlation between them since they all end up pointing towards different reasons for crashing. Some recent ones have been BAD_POOL_CALLER, PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA. Also, they happen pretty much anytime he's using it. It can happen when he's gaming, browsing the web, or instantly after he's logged into windows even. I'll update with more if they continue to happen. So far I've tried swapping out the graphics card and ram from my own PC, which worked perfectly fine before. PC continues to BSOD.

Not sure where else to go from here. It seems they continue to happen no matter what. I even tried scanning the boot disk with windows CHKDSK. No fix.

Update: New BSOD Errors
KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Last edited:

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS