Question Frequent bsod & laptop freezes often.

May 28, 2020
Hey guys,
I have been getting these bsod errors for a while & it is getting more often nowadays also sometimes laptop freezes without any noticeable bsod's. I ran several harddrive tests include driver & memory tests that are included in the Hp diagnostics tool (on safe mode, as my laptop doesnt hold that long for the test). The only problem it showed me was the battery failure & I already knew it that my battery life has ended , so I used to run it on plugged all the time.

I've reinstalled my os & tried updating my drivers but everything seems up to date. Also I thought it could be occur due to any thermal related and fan issues due to not cleaned inside for a long period. But when I gave it on a local service center , they tried changing the cooling fan & thermal paste but it still has the issue. They are looking on for any possible issues over Ic chips now. I dont feel any good , if someone help me survive outta this situation that ll be great.

Note: My laptop works fine on safe mode + sometimes while gaming it doesn't go bsod or either freezing. Everytime I run it by just quickly getting into the game but sometimes it freezes before launching the game as well. Game worked real fine before a year and recently I m getting bsod's & freezing.

Laptop:
Hp 3000 pavilion.(quite old like 6 yrs)
Ram-4gb
Inbuilt intel hd graphics. (3000 I think)
I-3 generation.

May 28, 2020
Can I able to run this on safe mode? Cuz I m not sure whether my lap ll be stable in normal mode until I do this.. also it is still on the service center for checks on ic fault. So I just want to know is there anything that causes these issues than heating?. I m really worried if they could not find out what's the real fault is.. I can run these info once I bring back my laptop..

May 28, 2020
Not sure....but first you need to find out what the temps are.
Not sure....but first you need to find out what the temps are.
Hey I just now got the laptop. They are saying that it has some kinda bridge ic problem & has very less chance of surviving after repair. Idk if this true but still my lap works fine on safe mode. Idk whether the service center is lying or my lap has some other fault.

If there is issue can manifest in alot of ways, such as when you install drivers for the gpu you get blackscreen etc. Or cant boot at all, flashing leds, no power etc this all can be related to gpu.

You can try disasbling the 2nd gpu in bios and only install driver for the INTEL hd graphics if its possible

May 28, 2020
If there is issue can manifest in alot of ways, such as when you install drivers for the gpu you get blackscreen etc. Or cant boot at all, flashing leds, no power etc this all can be related to gpu.

You can try disasbling the 2nd gpu in bios and only install driver for the INTEL hd graphics if its possible
Well that's a good idea .. once I had it back from the center uselessly now i gave it to professional desktop & laptop service agencies who used to for companies. He took it to check its motherboard integrity. I ll tell him this idea. Also if you think this would be something else , let me kno. Thanks dood.!!

May 28, 2020
If its gpu / northbridge related they have no other choice but tho replace the chip. Or reflow but that wont give long solution its only temporary. Good luck! Hope its not that
I gave my laptop to a professional who works for computers assembly and repair services for companies. He is now saying that it may have some kind of graphic ic issue & they are gonna try replacing that ic. Do you think it ll be the prob and it fixes the issue & what is an graphic ic issue btw..??

I would say its the northbridge instead of gpu but we Will see i cant diagnose without troubleshoot in it myself. Graphics ic means gpu chip.

Replacing the chip Or chips Is legit fix so sounds good. Just ask them To verify they actually changed it and didnt just reflow Or reball. Picture Or something.

Keep the laptop super cool after you get it. Order cooling pad like kootek laptop cooling pad 5 fan model.
The nb Or graphics chip Is very easily overheated In these model. Ask them To replace thermal paste while at it

May 28, 2020
I would say its the northbridge instead of gpu but we Will see i cant diagnose without troubleshoot in it myself. Graphics ic means gpu chip.

Replacing the chip Or chips Is legit fix so sounds good. Just ask them To verify they actually changed it and didnt just reflow Or reball. Picture Or something.

Keep the laptop super cool after you get it. Order cooling pad like kootek laptop cooling pad 5 fan model.
The nb Or graphics chip Is very easily overheated In these model. Ask them To replace thermal paste while at it
So I should also ask them to apply a new thermal paste at it right ?? Okayy I ll tell them.. & what is nb*?

nb = northbridge chip.

When i last time replaced chips on hp there was heat damage below the chip so its kinda design flaw in a way (if its the northbridge)

If its GPU chip there might be other issues with it but best to be very safe on the temperatures, ask them to put high quality paste on gpu / cpu / northbridge

I still dont know exact model since you only said hp 3000 but im gonna guess its dv6 - 3000 series these all have nb chip + gpu

May 28, 2020
nb = northbridge chip.

When i last time replaced chips on hp there was heat damage below the chip so its kinda design flaw in a way (if its the northbridge)

If its GPU chip there might be other issues with it but best to be very safe on the temperatures, ask them to put high quality paste on gpu / cpu / northbridge

I still dont know exact model since you only said hp 3000 but im gonna guess its dv6 - 3000 series these all have nb chip + gpu
Hmm.. do you think this problem may relate with processor and stuff?? Cuz they tried replacing the chip and still the same but they are pretty confident that the problem can be fixed and it must be somewhere due to processor. They informed me just like that..

TRENDING THREADS