Frequent BSODs and weird Memtests

Sep 1, 2018
Hi, I've had a really confusing issue with my PC, well , about 2 months ago I started getting a lot of BSODs, I ran a memtest and got loads of errors (212) . I reset the BIOS to see if it made a difference, and there were no more memtest errors, and no more BSODs.

Until about a week a go , it was fine but then I started getting a few BSODs, usually once every 1-2 days. I ran a memtest, and no errors, so i ran driver verifier, and removed/reinstalled any drivers causing issues. It kept happening, but still no memtest errors. These BSODs are usually completely random, like PFN_LIST_CORRUPT, and quite a few others, they all link back to ntoskrnl.exe.

And today I got the same issue as about 2 months ago, -constant BSODs, could get to desktop but virtually unusable as it would crash in atleast 30 seconds- I ran a memtest and got 9835 errors. Even in safe mode these BSODs occour.

My PC is about a year old (built it) and has an i5-6400, 1050ti, 8gb RAM, MSI H110m Mobo, 250gb Samsung 850 EVO, and a 1tb WD Blue.

I believe its ram related, but just want someone elses opinion before I try anything else...

Colif

Win 11 Master
by memtest, do you mean this - https://www.memtest86.com/ - or just the windows memory tools?

Only error count you want in memtest86 is 0, so 9853 is way wrong. Do you only have 1 stick of ram? If you have 2, test each stick individually up to 8 times.

Sep 1, 2018

I was using memtest86 yeah, 1 stick of ram :(

Colif

Win 11 Master
Can you follow option one on the following link - here
and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD

that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD
copy that file to documents
upload the copy from documents to a cloud server and share the link here and I will ask someone to convert files for me.

Is ram running at default speeds? Is ram on motherboard compatibility charts?
what PSU do you have? Perhaps ram isn't getting right power it needs.

Sep 1, 2018

I tried, but windows is so unstable it litteraly can't so, I guess i'll try and get a new stick of ram and test now :/