Frequent BSOD's on new PC - Yahoo Messenger

shaqblogs2011

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2011
I got a new PC (i5 2500K, P8Z68 V-Pro With No Graphics Card). Installed Win7 Ultimate with almost all critical updates installed. All was fine. Until Yahoo messenger entered into picture. Since I installed yahoo messenger 11, I cant chat for 10 minutes flat without a BSOD. I googled around and I understand that BSOD's can be highly system specific.
If I exit yahoo messenger, my system is back to normal. If I open Yahoo messenger, BSOD is back in no time. :eek:

What do I do to fix this? Its driving me nuts.

Here is the error I got, with the files attached here.

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 16393

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: d1
BCP1: 0000000000000008
BCP2: 0000000000000002
BCP3: 0000000000000000
BCP4: FFFFF880018A65BB
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 256_1

TexBot

Honorable
Mar 21, 2012
WOW,someone else has this??!!
I have this same problem but I have Vista 64 bit. Get the BLue Screen after a very short time when I am on Yahoo Messenger.
I dont have to chat or type anything. Just have Messenger Opened. If I start to do other things on the PC I'll get the Blue screen. I have found out that this is somehow tied into my FIREWALL & ANTIVIRUS PROGRAM which is OUTPOST SECURITY PRO.
If I have OUTPOST Disabled or Closed out, I have no problems with Yahoo messenger causing the blue screen anymore.
I have download OUTPOST's latest version , but it did not help. I did a SYSTEM RESTORE for a few days prior and thought I had fixed the problem, but the same problem returned after a few days again. Same thing. So I am still trying to figure this one out.
Messenger is obviously clashing with something. Let me know if anyone can help on this .

alishathomaz

Honorable
Mar 6, 2012
Blue screen is a serious issue in the system and that means that your system is not stable. Better keep a backup of your system in case if something happen in future then you might have the data. Run a repair option from Windows CD and then check back. It looks like some type of incompatible driver in your system which causing the issue.

The most important Blue Screen of Death troubleshooting step you can take is to ask yourself what you just did.

1) Did you just install a new program or a piece of hardware, update a driver, install an update, etc.? If so, there's a very good chance that the change you made caused the BSOD:
Startup using Last Known Good Configuration to undo recent registry and driver changes.
Use System Restore to undo recent system changes.
Roll Back device driver to version prior to your driver update.

2) Scan your computer for viruses. Some viruses can cause a Blue Screen of Death, especially ones that infect the master boot record (MBR) or boot sector.

3) Update drivers for your hardware. Most Blue Screens of Death are hardware or driver related so updated drivers could fix the cause of the STOP error.

4) Return hardware settings to default in Device Manager. Unless you have a specific reason to do so, the system resources that an individual piece of hardware is configured to use in Device Manager should be set to default. Non-default hardware settings have been known to cause a Blue Screen of Death.

5) Return BIOS settings to their default levels. An overclocked or misconfigured BIOS can cause all sorts of random issues, including BSODs.

Wow, I actually had to look up the error code for thsi one...

Bug Check 0xD1: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

This indicates that a kernel-mode driver attempted to access pageable memory at a process IRQL that was too high.

Unlike the more common IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL [0xA], this BSOD typically points more toward drivers then RAM. And given the issues many people have with YM, I'd be more tempted to blame the application rather then the HW.

Just to be safe though, you can run memtest86/Prime95 to make absolutely sure that your RAM has no failures. But this looks to be a driver related to YM in some way, and not a HW problem.

TexBot

Honorable
Mar 21, 2012
I thought I would give a follow up on this.

After searching some other Blue Screen Problems, I did an uninstall / reinstall of Microsoft Security Essentials and I have not had the blue screen appear yet for over a week now. Something clashing with my Firewall Program maybe . Got my fingers crossed.

Dzeko

Honorable
Feb 9, 2014
• Quick Way to solved

To overcome this issue follow the given steps

1) Sometimes due to the RAM also this error will arises, in that case remove the RAM clean it up and re-insert the RAM again and restart then if the problem is solved then OK other wise follow the given

2) Restart the PC and press shift+F8 key at the startup then choose trouble shoot option and click on Advance options,Now select the SAFE boot option. If you are unable to login with the SAFE MODE, then again restart the PC and press shift+F8 key at the start up and go to Advance options and click on RESET PC option and follow the instructions.

3) If you are unable to solve the issue by using the above steps simply insert the DVD in to the ROM and restart the PC, Now select the language option after click on REPAIR YOUR COMPUTER option, follow the onscreen instructions
For potential solution it may help you
http://solved.iblogworld.com/solved-blue-screen-error-windows-8/