Question Frequent crashes - "Critical_Process_Died" & "System_Service_Exception" ?

Aug 6, 2023
Hi everyone, new member here.
Problem: HP OMEN 15 laptop frequently crashes with sometimes BSOD as CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED & SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION

Symptoms (non persistent, occur randomly):
  1. While playing Genshin Impact: Random freeze, sometimes with graphical glitches, lost sound, missing ingame assets (elements are displayed with question marks).
  2. With web browsing: Chrome reports "Chrome.exe Process Error" with blank error window
  3. Just boot up: Instant BSOD, often is CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED, sometimes SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION
  4. Addition to above symptoms: Mouse freezing, black screen, application freezing/crashing
What I have tried:
  • CrystalDiskInfo (checked on both SSD and HDD): OK
  • MemTest86: PASS
  • Intel Processor Diagnostic Tool 64bit: PASS
  • Furmark: benmarking for hours without any problem
  • Uninstall and reinstall Genshin Impact
  • Uninstall and reinstall Kaspersky
  • Uninstall and reinstall Nvidia Graphic driver, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth driver
  • DISM and SFC file checking
  • Complete OS reinstall
Here is my system information, events, crash dumps and screenshots:
  • *.dmp files: Minidump files
  • MEMORY.DMP: Kernel memory dump file
  • Adminitrative Events.evtx: Admin events exported from the Windows Event Viewer
  • *.jpg: Screenshots (BOSD, MemTest86 results and while playing Genshin Impact)
  • System Information.nfo: Saved System Information
  • System Information.txt: Same with above but in plain text
  • DxDiag.txt: Exported info from Windows DirectX Diagnostic Tool
Any help is much appreciated, thanks in advance.

:homer:

Last edited:
Aug 6, 2023
Check CPU and GPU temperatures while under load.

Also check if the problems happen both on battery power and mains power.
I use MSI Afterburner, HWiNFO64 and RTSS to monitor my CPU and GPU temperatures all the time, nothing out of the ordinary, definitely not the culprit.

I believe the battery might be the issue here since my battery's wear level is above 90%. A few weeks earlier I decided to remove it and have been mainly using directly from AC ever since. Thought that would fixed but no, the crash and hang problem returned not soon after. Then I ordered a battery replacement and the problem seems to be gone.

I will continue using the laptop with the new battery to see if this actually works, stay for new update.

TRENDING THREADS