Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 8, 2022
So, for like 1-2 months I'm struggling with mini stuttering in games. Here is the video how stutters look like. Usually stutters are smaller, but sadly frequent.
  • My spec:
    • CPU: I5-7500
    • GPU: AORUS RX 580 8GB
    • RAM: 16GB Dual-Channel DDR4 1066MHz
    • MOBO: ASRock H110M DVS R3.0
    • PSU: Corsair CX450M 450W
    • HARD DRIVES:
    - SSD: MX500 500 GB 2.5" SATA III - I added this one year ago
    - HDD: Toshiba P300 - I don't use this one, but still have plugged into the computer
    - COMPUTER CASE: SilentiumPC Gladius M35 - I add this information just in case, if my PSU doesn't have enough power to run all things after SSD upgrade (2x FAN)

• Things I've tried:
    • Clean Windows 10 Home reinstall
    • BIOS update
    • XBOX Game mode and DVR turned off
    • Both power plans checked
    • OCCT CPU stress test passed without any error (1,5-2h)
    • checked both RAMs with memtest86 one after another, passed without any errors
    • Windows performance settings doesn't help
    • clean drivers reinstall with DDU (safe boot)
    • high-precision event timer turned off
    • CPU and GPU temps are totally fine according to HWINFO
    • graphic, performance settings in games don't have rebound on stuttering
I bought this PC over 4 years ago, but I still want to use this computer smoothly for about 6-8 months, because I'm planning to buy new one next year. I can afford to replace a component now, but not whole computer. I don't play high demanding games. Games I play: League of Legends (mostly), Path of exile, Valorant, sometimes Witcher 3. Competetive games are not runnings smoothly. I really want to finally find a reason behind this problem. I sadly don't remember exact moment when it all started. Please, help me find what's causing it.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

GPU: AORUS RX 580 8GB
PSU: Corsair CX450M 450W

You have the wrong PSU for the task. To add, a PSU that's 4 years old will not output the same power it did when brand new. You're advised to have at least 550W of power from the PSU to power the entire system with an RX580 in it. I'd look into a 650W reliably built branded unit to have as headroom. Might want to see if a PSU as suggested above, borrowed from a friend or neighbor alleviates the problem.

Clean Windows 10 Home reinstall
Where did you source the installer for the OS?

MOBO: ASRock H110M DVS R3.0
BIOS update

Which BIOS version are you currently on for your motherboard?

Got a link to the ram you're working with?

Nov 8, 2022
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

GPU: AORUS RX 580 8GB
PSU: Corsair CX450M 450W

You have the wrong PSU for the task. To add, a PSU that's 4 years old will not output the same power it did when brand new. You're advised to have at least 550W of power from the PSU to power the entire system with an RX580 in it. I'd look into a 650W reliably built branded unit to have as headroom. Might want to see if a PSU as suggested above, borrowed from a friend or neighbor alleviates the problem.

Clean Windows 10 Home reinstall
Where did you source the installer for the OS?

MOBO: ASRock H110M DVS R3.0
BIOS update

Which BIOS version are you currently on for your motherboard?

Got a link to the ram you're working with?
I installed Windows 10 Home from there: https://www.microsoft.com/pl-pl/software-download/windows10 and activated it from pirate link removed

I updated BIOS from official MOBO site: https://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/H110M-DVS R3.0/#BIOS , VERSION: 2018/3/6 through instant flash.

GoodRam DDR4 8GB 2133 CL15 - 2x exact RAMs I'm working with

I sadly don't have any friend to borrow PSU. Though, do you think lack of Wattage would be shown by stuttering? Just asking, cuz I'm not expert in this field.

Status
Not open for further replies.