Question Frequent reboots on Ryzen 5 3600

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 9, 2019
My PC specs are:
Ryzen 5 3600; Cooler: Antec A30,
MSI B450 Tomahawk Max,
G Skill TridentZ Neo 16Gb(8x2) Kit 3200 via XMP 2.0 Ready.
Zotac GTX 1060 6Gb
PSU: Corsair VS550
SSD: Crucial MX500 2.5"
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 3.5" 1 Tb
HyperX Alloy Elite FPS RGB Keyboard
HyperX Pulsefire Surge.

So I've noticed this issue with my system. I can't play games or carry heavy loads on this system when on XMP mode. The system restarts without warnings. I did some memtest86 thinking a faulty RAM kit, got couple of passes for the first two tests. Then I suspected the voltage. 1.35 to 1.37 is what the DRAM voltages are hovering right now. CPU voltage is around 1.2 to 1.365. SoC voltages around 1.0 to 1.1 maximum. Not able to find the solution as to what it could be. Unsure if PSU is tripping cuz I tried running my setup at the testing centre of the hardware retailer it worked fine, but the testing environment was slightly off. I game on 1080p but their they had 1366x768 monitor, plus had standard PS2 Keyboard and USB mouse. Unsure if the keyboard mouse will have interference here in the restarts. Anyone faced similar issues please could you let me know how can I troubleshoot this?
PS: I have an updated BIOS from the vendor for my MoBo.
Does any of the configuration seems off or the hardware itself are faulty?
I migrated my system from Intel to AMD, did a clean OS install but my game library is still the same. Will this also cause any issues?

Dec 9, 2019
Hi Guys I got the RAM Kit changed. Apparently i did face same issue a couple of times. What I found was that the socket where im plugging my surge protector looks faulty. Its It's probably giving high voltages and causing the random restarts. I did validate this theory of mine by changing the room and testing the system works smooth at lower temps. Any idea if this is really possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.