Question Frequent restart

Apr 15, 2019
Hello everyone.....today i changed my cpu cabinet only..... because older one is very bad and i had a never one so i changed it but after it when i start my pc....sometimes it just restarts in 2 seconds ....sometimes 15 minutes sometimes 2 hours ........and then i noticed that when cpu restarts the led on motherboard turns off and after the restart it turns on....when i changed my cabinet i also cleaned the processor and the fan ....is the problem with processor lossen or something else ..help me please
My specs are
Hcl Pegatron IPM41
Geniune Intel(R) 2140 cpu
640gb wd blue HDD
2gb DDR3 1333Mhz Ram
No Graphics Card

Apr 15, 2019
When you cleaned your processor, have you reapplied the thermal paste? Maybe your processor is overheating and it's now restarting the pc to protect itself.
i never....never applied thermal paste it worked charmed over 5 years .......and btw the processor cant overheat on just 2 seconds of start to restart to protect

rscheetah30

Dignified
Jun 8, 2018
i never....never applied thermal paste it worked charmed over 5 years .......and btw the processor cant overheat on just 2 seconds of start to restart to protect

You should check to see if your thermal paste is still creamy - which after 5 years it probably won't - because if it's dried up you HAVE to reapply it, otherwise at the very least the cpu will throttle in order to cool itself down.

And it can overheat 2 seconds after you turn the pc on if you'd just turned it off or if it'd just self rebooted because it will have overheated before.

rscheetah30

Dignified
Jun 8, 2018
If the problem persists after reapplying thermal paste on your processor, you could try something that worked for me when I had the same problem which was the boot sector of Windows 10.

Check this page out for specifics:

If this doesn't work do as I did:
What I did was I booted using the Windows 7 disc and on the disk selection screen I completely deleted my system HDD and reinstalled on it. You can do the same with the Windows 10 disc/usb dongle.