I have Asus a320mk prime MB
8gb ram
1tb HDD
3gb 1060 GPU
Acer 22inch the monitor
AMD 1200 CPU
650w SMPS
650v zebronic ups.

My pc shuts down frequently in recent days but the ups running perfectly when I'm playing games suddenly its getting shutdown and when I switch off and on the smps pc turned on and booting up properly. I don't know why its shutting down for every 15 to 20 mins , please help.

Feb 13, 2019
What 650W PSU is it exactly?
Does the issue still occur in safe mode?
Have you monitored temperatures of individual CPU cores and GPU under load?
chiptronex psu 650w Any problem?
I didn't check the individual CPU and GPU temp. I don't know how to check. In bios it shows 50 degree for mb and cpu

I didn't try it in safe mode.

My CMOS battery is dead will that cause an issue?

Last edited:

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
chiptronex psu 650w
Never heard of chiptronex - guess it was a cheaper PSU?
By what I'm seeing, looks like a very poor quality PSU so I would highly suspect this could be your problem.

Download HWInfo and verify what individual core temps you get under load.
I didn't try it in safe mode.
Try it in safe mode, if the issue still occurs, it's probably hardware, if it stops occuring, then it's probably software.

My CMOS battery is dead will that cause an issue?
Usually doesn't cause this kind of issue, but it can, you should always have a working CMOS because it retains all of your BIOS configuration. So yes, you will want to get a new CMOS battery too.

Feb 13, 2019
Never heard of chiptronex - guess it was a cheaper PSU?
By what I'm seeing, looks like a very poor quality PSU so I would highly suspect this could be your problem.

Download HWInfo and verify what individual core temps you get under load.

Try it in safe mode, if the issue still occurs, it's probably hardware, if it stops occuring, then it's probably software.

Usually doesn't cause this kind of issue, but it can, you should always have a working CMOS because it retains all of your BIOS configuration. So yes, you will want to get a new CMOS battery too.
Thanks for the info. And it's not cheap PSU its a bronze certified 60 usd,🤣. Will check and let u know the details.

Can i game in safe mode?

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
And it's not cheap PSU its a bronze certified 60 usd
The bronze cert does not reflect the quality of the PSU, and 60 USD is definitely on the cheaper scale of PSU. There are many PSUs with certification that stil l cause huge problems.
Apologies - I'm not trying to criticise, It is a relevant question as cheaper PSUs = cheaper parts = poorer quality parts = power issues = frequent shutdowns

I have almost little doubt it is a poor quality PSU (not as bad as say unbranded ones) - but frequency random shut downs can be very indicative of a faulty PSU.

That and I do not see the Chiptronex PSU on any PSU tier list, which is concerning.

And no, you can't game in safe mode, but you can run some stress testing software.

Reactions: R3BORNXD
Feb 13, 2019
The bronze cert does not reflect the quality of the PSU, and 60 USD is definitely on the cheaper scale of PSU. There are many PSUs with certification that stil l cause huge problems.
Apologies - I'm not trying to criticise, It is a relevant question as cheaper PSUs = cheaper parts = poorer quality parts = power issues = frequent shutdowns

I have almost little doubt it is a poor quality PSU (not as bad as say unbranded ones) - but frequency random shut downs can be very indicative of a faulty PSU.

That and I do not see the Chiptronex PSU on any PSU tier list, which is concerning.

And no, you can't game in safe mode, but you can run some stress testing software.

Sensor Please find the sensor image
Summary image

please point me what is going wrong.

Thanks!