[SOLVED] Fresh build, getting no signal when turning it on

Sep 30, 2020
This is my first build in like 7 years and as the title says; when i boot my pc nothing happens on my monitors.
I've checked/ruled out multiple things; my motherboard leds light up, my fans are spinning, my gpus lights up and the fans spin.
I've tried different slots for RAM and im fairly sure that its in properly, although the side thing didnt snap back and i had to do that manually.
My CPU power thing is plugged in on the motherboard, there are 4 extra pins on the side though besides the 8 i plugged in, but i read that those are only required for extreme overclocking.
My PSU is semi modular and the cpu power cable came from a big hole along with the motherboard 24pin cable so i assume thats already plugged in there, but theres an extra 8pin cpu power connector on the PSU aswell.

I may have applied a little too much thermal paste when installing the cpu cooler, dont know if that could cause the whole processor to stop working though.

I have 2 monitors so i tried plugging one into the HDMI on my motherboard and one on my GPU and neither worked, so GPU cant really be the problem.

I'm assuming the issue is either CPU or RAM because of those reasons.

my specs are:
Motherboard: Asus Z490-P
CPU: intel i5 10600k
GPU: MSI gtx 1070
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8gb) ddr4 3200mhz
CPU cooler: Coolermaster Hyper 212 Black Edition
Case: Corsair 275R airflow
PSU: Corsair TX650M
SSD: Samsung Evo 500GB (dont know exact model rn but dont think it matters here)

Would appreciate any help, been stuck trying to troubleshoot this for a few hours now.
thanks

Solution
This is my first build in like 7 years and as the title says; when i boot my pc nothing happens on my monitors.
I've checked/ruled out multiple things; my motherboard leds light up, my fans are spinning, my gpus lights up and the fans spin.
I've tried different slots for RAM and im fairly sure that its in properly, although the side thing didnt snap back and i had to do that manually.
My CPU power thing is plugged in on the motherboard, there are 4 extra pins on the side though besides the 8 i plugged in, but i read that those are only required for extreme overclocking.
My PSU is semi modular and the cpu power cable came from a big hole along with the motherboard 24pin cable so i assume thats already plugged in there, but theres an...

Siusiujuju

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2010
My PSU is semi modular and the cpu power cable came from a big hole along with the motherboard 24pin cable so i assume thats already plugged in there, but theres an extra 8pin cpu power connector on the PSU aswell.

I may have applied a little too much thermal paste when installing the cpu cooler, dont know if that could cause the whole processor to stop working though.

I have 2 monitors so i tried plugging one into the HDMI on my motherboard and one on my GPU and neither worked, so GPU cant really be the problem.

I'm assuming the issue is either CPU or RAM because of those reasons.

my specs are:
Motherboard: Asus Z490-P
CPU: intel i5 10600k
GPU: MSI gtx 1070
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8gb) ddr4 3200mhz
CPU cooler: Coolermaster Hyper 212 Black Edition
Case: Corsair 275R airflow
PSU: Corsair TX650M
SSD: Samsung Evo 500GB (dont know exact model rn but dont think it matters here)

Would appreciate any help, been stuck trying to troubleshoot this for a few hours now.
thanks

Ok, leave out the graphic card until it's post, we don't want to add more variances into the trouble shooting.
try use One stick of ram only, and test on different slot , and test each ram individually , yes it takes a bit of time but it's gotta be done. Try re-sitting the CPU . also while you're there, Doing a manual Clear CMOS on the board.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS