Fresh build, help with install error

sickofitlol

Reputable
Jun 11, 2014
I recently installed win10 from a USB to my new build. My power flickered during the install, not sure if that matters. I turned the PC back on and began the installation again. Once the install completed, I was taken to a black screen with "Hi" in the middle, nothing else. The PC has been stuck on this screen for an hour. Any ideas?

Solution
The "Hi" message and following behaviour is a bit suspicious.
Try the install again, this time:
Make sure all other HDDs/SSDs are disconnected at this stage - the only drive connected should the drive you want the OS on.
Reinstall win 10 (make sure you are wiping the old drive as part of the install process).
If all boots up ok, shut down, power off and reconnect any other required drive/s.

Of course, if your win 10 is not a legit version then nothing we can say here will help.

Jim90

Distinguished
The "Hi" message and following behaviour is a bit suspicious.
Try the install again, this time:
Make sure all other HDDs/SSDs are disconnected at this stage - the only drive connected should the drive you want the OS on.
Reinstall win 10 (make sure you are wiping the old drive as part of the install process).
If all boots up ok, shut down, power off and reconnect any other required drive/s.

Of course, if your win 10 is not a legit version then nothing we can say here will help.

Solution