[SOLVED] Fresh build - - - "No signed device drivers were found"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 26, 2020
Build specs https://pcpartpicker.com/user/zer0888/saved/#view=j93cTW
I have a clean install of windows 10 64 bit and when I get to the part to pick the drivers it says no signed device drivers were found. Upon clicking browse I can see the pc is recognizing the usb.

I have tried changing my boot settings to legacy in the BIOS. No change.

I have also tried different ports including both usb 3 and usb 2. No change.

And I have tried using Intel Rapid Storage Technology User Interface Drivers. No change.

Anyone have any ideas what I am doing wrong? This is my first build.

Last edited:
Jul 26, 2020
Did you download the Windows 10 media creation tool and use it to make a win 10 installer on USB? as it is possible the installer doesn't have drivers for board, though it would be different.

Phillip, it sounds like it fails during install so drivers won't help.
I did use the creation tool to install on the USB. When I am in the installer it never ask me which version of windows I want. Videos of other people on youtube show that coming up. But for me it just skips to asking which drivers I want which is blank.

Though after messing around I have found that the PC does not detect my ssd. I have tried plugging it directly into the motherboard and using multiple SATA cables and no difference is found. From there I was told the BIOS might be out of date and that is keeping it from detecting the ssd. However, I cannot install the drivers without an OS. So I tried putting the OS and BIOS update on the same USB, no difference.

BTW the PC sees and recognizes the USB, I can browse through it.

Jul 26, 2020
You don't need windows to install the bios update - https://www.gigabyte.com/MicroSite/121/flashbios_qflash.pdf

try updating that and see if it sees ssd.

https://forums.tomshardware.com/faq/how-to-do-a-clean-installation-of-windows-10.3170366/

curious what the Signed Drivers screen looks like?
Trying all other options before BIOS flashing. This is my first PC build and would rather not <Mod Edit> up my motherboard. Had an old IT guy look at everything with me. He thinks it could be a UEFI issue and pointed out that in my BIOS it said no NVMe devices detected. So he had me try to run with a bootable UEFI USB drive with Windows 10 Setup on it. But even doing that I have found no change. Still no NVMe device detected as well. Currently ordering a new SSD on the rare chance the current one is bad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jul 26, 2020
Which BIOS version are you on? Current is F5, if you have any lower it might be why its not seeing the NVME

other option is try to run NVME in another PC and see if it works now. Since both parts are new.
It is f5. And running the nvme on another PC is not really an option. Don't have another PC to run it on. At least not one I own.

Jul 26, 2020
So I ordered a new ssd and placed it in the pc and it refused to even turn on. So I removed the old ssd and ran just the new one and now it is on and installing windows fine. Moral of the story, don't buy parts on amazon.

Status
Not open for further replies.