Sep 21, 2024
Hello everyone!
I just finished build of 'gaming' computer, specs below:
Motherboard ASUS TUF GAMING B550 PLUS
Ryzen 5 5600x + cooler Deepcool AK400
32GB Kingston Fury RAM
Gigabyte RX 6600 Eagle 8GB
MSI MAG A550BN PSU - 550W

Now on first boot everything seems working cpu fan and other fans spinning and MB also works.
Now problem is GPU is not spinning ( it's not problem probably because it will not probably spin until it reaches required temp ), but main problem is into monitor I get no signal nothing displaying.

What I tried:
Removing CMOS battery for 5 mins
Removing 3 out of 4 RAM(s)

Nothing worked, Im looking for some help now, this is just my 2nd build I apologize if it's something really easy to solve.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Got a link to the ram kit you're working with? Try populating slots A2 and B2 on your motherboard. Have you tied breadboarding your build to make sure they weren't DoA? Sometimes if you have a standoff in a case that's causing a short underneath the motherboard, that would create issues.

Are any of your parts recycled from a prior build?

Reactions: justfraggy
Sep 21, 2024

Got a link to the ram kit you're working with? Try populating slots A2 and B2 on your motherboard. Have you tied breadboarding your build to make sure they weren't DoA? Sometimes if you have a standoff in a case that's causing a short underneath the motherboard, that would create issues.

Hi!
https://www.amazon.com/16GB-3200MHz-DDR4-Beast-Black/dp/B097K2WBL3

My ram kit but have 2 (16+16)
I haven't tried breadbording fully build yet so.

And parts are new not used recycled or something.

Sep 21, 2024

Thank you!
I don't know what worked if that I left CMOS out for an hour or 2 RAM stick in A B slots like you suggested, now display is on and I'm in BIOS!

So what could be cause of problem 2 out of 4 ran stick?

triplex1

Upstanding
Jun 2, 2024
Thank you!
I don't know what worked if that I left CMOS out for an hour or 2 RAM stick in A B slots like you suggested, now display is on and I'm in BIOS!

So what could be cause of problem 2 out of 4 ran stick?
check the memories to make sure they are a pair of 2, one escaped you and you confused them, if the pairs you took and put in the wrong slot have different chips, your computer is not going to work properly

Reactions: justfraggy
Sep 21, 2024
So I found out 3 out of 4 ram sticks work but when I add last one it doesn't work again no signal, I tried xmp as well...
I start to think it's too much for PSU.

When all sticks are in , VGA white light shows up on MB and GPU is not spinning again and no signal.

Sep 21, 2024
So now again not working, have RAM - single stick inserted there, but dont boot up, installed Windows 11 and restarted after updates but didnt boot up as said, I seek PSU problem now and I will try to swap it for 700w maybe to test.

On ASUS MB, both VGA white LED light solid and also BOOT solid green led

Latest posts