[SOLVED] Fresh install, after couple hours BSOD then corrupted windows.

Dec 13, 2021
Specs: Ryzen 3700x
b550 gaming asus
gtx 980
evga supernova 750b
corsair vengeance 16gb

After fresh Windows 10 install, after about two hours my computer black screens for a second then BSOD's. Now won't boot, says it needs to be repaired.
I can't recover the system. New MOBO, and CPU. What is going on here? Is the PSU going faulty, or the RAM? I recently had it do the same black screen crash without BSOD about 2 weeks ago and had to fresh install windows. Now it seemingly has done it again except with BSOD this time. It has not been working in the in-between. Also, had windows corrupt right at the end of install the other day.

I'm at a loss and not sure what the problem is here. This is being installed on a fresh 500GB SSD, with a 250GB SSD an 2 TB HDD next to it.
Any help??? I have been trying to fix this for two weeks, at a loss.

It gives error code, 0xc000428

Last edited:
Solution
FIrst, hard rest/clear CMOS to your BIOS, set to defaults, and try some moderate RAM speeds, say 2666 MHz or so, then 2933 MHz, etc...(not every RYzen 3000 and/or mainboard will work with every RAM kit at your desired RAM speeds, regardless of what was/is on the RAM's alleged kit packaging)

It would seem easy enough to first remove one RAM stick and test for stability...
(Test with just one stick, then the other)

get a USB flash drive that works , build a bootable Memtest86 USB flash drive, and see if the system will boot from and pass even that test for an hour or two... (Until that works, there is no point in even trying to install Win10)
FIrst, hard rest/clear CMOS to your BIOS, set to defaults, and try some moderate RAM speeds, say 2666 MHz or so, then 2933 MHz, etc...(not every RYzen 3000 and/or mainboard will work with every RAM kit at your desired RAM speeds, regardless of what was/is on the RAM's alleged kit packaging)

It would seem easy enough to first remove one RAM stick and test for stability...

get a USB flash drive that works , build a bootable Memtest86 USB flash drive, and see if the system will boot from and pass even that test for an hour or two... (Until that works, there is no point in even trying to install Win10)

Last edited:
Solution
Dec 13, 2021

Will do, so you think this sounds more like a RAM problem? The PSU and RAM are both the oldest things in the PC, everything else is new/relatively new.