Fresh Install Windows 8.1 , 2xSSD

Sean_41

Reputable
Feb 17, 2016
I have Been looking at a lot of the forums but cant seem to find a strait forward answer, Im Upgrading to two new SSD one is a 120GB and a 500GB Im looking to install my OS on the 120GB ( Fresh install ) But need to know how to do this because my computer came with windows 8.1 Pre installed. And is there a way to transfer all my Game's and there Files to the 500GB SSD or should i just re-install all of these programs, I would also like to keep my HDD but only for Storing Photos / Videos. How would i go about doing this ? Do i need to back it up on an external then wipe the HDD and slowly transfer files back over ? Pleas let me know what the best methods for this would be !

1) Installing 8.1 on SSD ( Was a Factory install Need help on what all i will need and where i can find it ) ( 120GB SSD only for OS )

2) Transferring Games and there Files to run only off 2ed SSD ( 500gb SSD only for games )

3) keeping or backing up files on HDD for storage ( nothing related to OS or Game Files )

Solution
Only games that use a launcher app will work for this. Any standalone games and most programs need to be reinstalled to the OS.

Install only the os ssd and then windows8.1.
Install the rest of your drives.
Copy (not move) your games folders to the ssd.
Install Steam,Origin, Uplay, Glyph... launchers and then add the games folders location on the ssd to the respective launcher's library.
Verify your games work.

Once everything that you want on the ssd is there and working, you can delete the original files.

popatim

Titan
Only games that use a launcher app will work for this. Any standalone games and most programs need to be reinstalled to the OS.

Install only the os ssd and then windows8.1.
Install the rest of your drives.
Copy (not move) your games folders to the ssd.
Install Steam,Origin, Uplay, Glyph... launchers and then add the games folders location on the ssd to the respective launcher's library.
Verify your games work.

Once everything that you want on the ssd is there and working, you can delete the original files.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS