Question Fresh Install With Constantly Breaking Drivers (I think)

NeoConstantine

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2016
I just got a new computer, and I've been having problems getting anything to work. This is all on a fresh install of Windows 11, I even tried reinstalling just to be sure and it didn't work.

Whenever I do anything productive to make my computer better (including transferring data or trying to install drivers) I suffer some sort of crash. Usually there's an error message, which is different every time, and sometimes the computer just blackscreens and restarts without any info of what went wrong. Now, if I try hard enough I can get all my updates done and driver installed, but it never actually works. There are lots of errors with basic Windows background tools, like Visual C++ or DirectX, seemingly not installing properly. My computer will still crash, or be unable to open any software with dependencies, and it will still crash if I try to do anything it doesn't like. It's not like if I strain my GPU the computer crashes, that would make sense, it seems to be specifically when I'm doing something relatively low energy, like downloading something. I reinstalled Windows again, and the same problems happened. They only get worse the more I try to fix and install things. I thought it might be a drive failure, but I also tried it on multiple drives and I'm having the exact same problems. If I had to guess, my best guess would be there's a problem with my drive connections or something, because sometimes I'll plug in more drives and they won't be recognized, even by the BIOS, until I restart a few times and suddenly they work.

Nothing is consistent, the computer will crash at seemingly random times and work fine next time I test it. I need some way to figure out what is failing so I can troubleshoot better, or at least replace one part instead of the whole PC, but I have no idea where to start.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 7600X
RAM: 32GB DDR5-4800 CL40
Motherboard: MSI MPG B650I EDGE - Bios: F7
GPU: Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 6750 XT

Ralston18

Titan
Start by providing and gathering more information.,

Source of the new computer?

Source of Windows 11? Edition?

As a practical starting point look in Reliabilty History/Monitor.

Looke for error codes, warnings, and even informational events that occured just before or at the time the cited error messages.

What things have been tried to make the computer "more productive"?

How is "more productive" being defined and measured?

The first time a new computer goes online it is likely to attempt to download and install any number of udates.

Plus it may well be loaded with all sorts of "crapware" that may attempt to do who knows what.

Which could conflict with attempts to make the computer more productive.

For the moment, change nothing at all. Discover as much as you can about the new computer.

Then each problem or potential problem can be addressed one by one.

NeoConstantine

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2016
Source of Windows 11? Edition?
I said in the post, Windows 11 Pro N Version 21H2. It's downloaded from the Microsoft site and saved on a flash drive, if it matters.
As a practical starting point look in Reliabilty History/Monitor.

Looke for error codes, warnings, and even informational events that occured just before or at the time the cited error messages.
There is a long list of "Windows was not properly shut down" and "Windows stopped working" errors, but no useful information beyond that, because that's literally all I've been doing. It says it extracted some information to a MEMORY.DMP file but I can't access it.
What things have been tried to make the computer "more productive"?
As I said in the post, I've been trying to install driver updates and windows updates. Things that are necessary for anything more complex than browsing the internet.
For the moment, change nothing at all. Discover as much as you can about the new computer.

Then each problem or potential problem can be addressed one by one.
I have discovered as much as I can about the computer, and then came to someone who could help to use any of that information. There is nothing beyond what I've already sent, unless anyone can think of a new test to see which part is breaking.