[SOLVED] Fresh installation of Windows W/O losing Steam & its apps

Ranime

Prominent
Nov 16, 2019
I want to do a clean Install of Windows 10, I've installed Steam in D:/ Drive. Is there a possible of doing an installation without losing the steam apps?

Solution
You're going to have to reinstall most applications, including Steam itself.

Steam games shouldn't be a problem though and once Steam is installed, you can point it to the directories of downloaded games. Assuming, of course, this is a separate drive from your OS drive. I'm not quite sure as your description is very unclear. "D:/Drive" refers to a location of a drive or a partition of a drive, not what the hardware is or what its function is.

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant

Steam games shouldn't be a problem though and once Steam is installed, you can point it to the directories of downloaded games. Assuming, of course, this is a separate drive from your OS drive. I'm not quite sure as your description is very unclear. "D:/Drive" refers to a location of a drive or a partition of a drive, not what the hardware is or what its function is.

Reactions: Ranime
Solution

Ranime

Prominent
Nov 16, 2019

D:/ Drive is on another Hard disk.