[SOLVED] Fresh windows 10 install concerns.

Spekezy

Reputable
Dec 5, 2019
I have made a fresh installation of windows 10 Home Edition on a m.2 evo plus 1TB but would like to know if it is normal for a blue windows logo to appear and then a blinking underscore (top left) as I have never seen those before. I can boot into the OS normally everything works fine. Just want to find out if its normal or not.

Solution
is USB the 1st choice in the boot order in the bios?
If so, its the pc looking at USB drive, finding no installer files and continuing with the boot process.

I had USB set as 1st on last install and it would show a cursor for a short time and then continue booting. It is unlikely to show if pc has secure boot on.

Spekezy

Reputable
Dec 5, 2019
I have had both the blue windows logo and the underscore at different times on different systems during boot up....so I don't find it abnormal.....but I don't see it all the time either.

I never really thought about either one being an issue.

Interesting, have you ever encountered any issue with your system or no?

Colif

Win 11 Master
is USB the 1st choice in the boot order in the bios?
If so, its the pc looking at USB drive, finding no installer files and continuing with the boot process.

I had USB set as 1st on last install and it would show a cursor for a short time and then continue booting. It is unlikely to show if pc has secure boot on.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS