[SOLVED] Fresh windows 10 install

iMatty

Reputable
Mar 14, 2019
So i was about to go ahead and start doing a fresh install of windows, been awhile since i did a clean install.
I was wondering, do i have to make my bios settings to stock? because i have my CPU overclocked, and one of my friends said i should reset my bios back to what it was.
Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Solution
you shouldn't need to. the BIOS controls the hardware before the OS launches or is even installed. they interact a bit but mostly they are two separate entities.
you can if you want to but it will only be adding steps to the job.
install windows and update, done
OR
reset bios, install windows and update, overclock again and reconfigure the BIOS.

R_1

Expert
Ambassador
you shouldn't need to. the BIOS controls the hardware before the OS launches or is even installed. they interact a bit but mostly they are two separate entities.
you can if you want to but it will only be adding steps to the job.
install windows and update, done
OR
reset bios, install windows and update, overclock again and reconfigure the BIOS.

Solution

iMatty

Reputable
Mar 14, 2019
Thats the problem, if it doesn't effect it i wont be going the long way.
Updating windows will at least take 2 hours for me or something, i have a 7mb/s download speed so i don't really know.
So it shouldn't matter right? thats the final answer? ._.

iMatty

Reputable
Mar 14, 2019
Also, i noticed that when i checked my bios like 2 minutes ago my xmp profile got disabled just reenabled it and everything is like it was.
Also one more thing, by mistake i removed the screen that shows up when opening a app or something and says do you want to run this app? how can i reenable it or make it work again?

Colif

Win 11 Master
i assume you mean UAC

Here's how to turn User Account Control (UAC) on or off in Windows 10:

1. Type UAC in the search field on your taskbar. (If the search field isn't visible, right-click the Start button and choose Search.)
  2. Click Change User Account Control settings in the search results.
  3. Then do one of the following:
    • To turn UAC off, drag the slider down to Never notify and click OK.
    • To turn UAC on, drag the slider up to the desired level of security and click OK.
  4. You may be prompted to confirm your selection or enter an administrator password.
  5. Reboot your computer for the change to take effect.
link

Reactions: iMatty