[SOLVED] Fresh Windows install on a new M.2 SSD ?

TitanCandy

Commendable
Mar 9, 2020
I have a new M.2 SSD and I've installed windows 10 on it. I also have three old SSDs from my old build, one with Windows OS on it, one with personal files and the last one with games on it.

I will be formatting the old Windows OS boot SSD I had but I was wondering if I can just plug the other two SSDs containing games and personal files straight into my new system and they will work or will I have to back up all my drives and format all drives and transfer the data once all my drives are formatted and connected to my new pc?

Solution
I was wondering if I can just plug the other two SSDs containing games and personal files straight into my new system and they will work?

are the games steam games? you can reuse those on a new install, just install the steam client on NVME and point library location at old ssd, it will find games and create and stop you needing to reinstall.
Other launchers are similar

Documents can be used as well.
I have a new M.2 SSD and I've installed windows 10 on it. I also have three old SSDs from my old build, one with Windows OS on it, one with personal files and the last one with games on it.

I will be formatting the old Windows OS boot SSD I had but I was wondering if I can just plug the other two SSDs containing games and personal files straight into my new system and they will work or will I have to back up all my drives and format all drives and transfer the data once all my drives are formatted and connected to my new pc?
yes it will work.

Colif

Win 11 Master
I was wondering if I can just plug the other two SSDs containing games and personal files straight into my new system and they will work?

are the games steam games? you can reuse those on a new install, just install the steam client on NVME and point library location at old ssd, it will find games and create and stop you needing to reinstall.
Other launchers are similar

Documents can be used as well.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS