[SOLVED] Fresh Windows Install To SSD from HDD

xrh

Sep 12, 2020
www.youtube.com
My windows 10 keeps corrupting so I'm thinking of installing a fresh windows 10 onto one of my ssds, so that I'm fine with, it's removing windows 10 off of my hdd wwithout getting rid of all of the data. Is there away to do this or no?

Solution
My windows 10 keeps corrupting so I'm thinking of installing a fresh windows 10 onto one of my ssds, so that I'm fine with, it's removing windows 10 off of my hdd wwithout getting rid of all of the data. Is there away to do this or no?
"Data"
This means just your personal files, NOT applications. Those will have to be reinstalled after the new OS.

You are starting from a blank slate...a fresh clean OS. You need to prepare for this.

So...whatever personal files you wish to keep, copy those off to some other physical drive. Do this BEFORE any OS isntall.
Copy just the files, not the Libraries (Documents/Music/Pics/etc.. The Libraries carry the uswer permissions, and accessing those later will be a pain. The files within have no...

USAFRet

Titan
"Data"
This means just your personal files, NOT applications. Those will have to be reinstalled after the new OS.

You are starting from a blank slate...a fresh clean OS. You need to prepare for this.

So...whatever personal files you wish to keep, copy those off to some other physical drive. Do this BEFORE any OS isntall.
Copy just the files, not the Libraries (Documents/Music/Pics/etc.. The Libraries carry the uswer permissions, and accessing those later will be a pain. The files within have no permission restriction.

Also, be sure you document all your username/passwords for whatever websites you go to.
Also, be sure you document the serial numbers login info for any applications you may use.
Download any drivers for your hardware. Particularly the LAN or WiFi driver for your motherboard.

Then a fresh install on the SSD.
You do this with ONLY the SSD conneted. Reconnect other drives later.

Anything you are unclear of, ask before you start down this road.

Solution