Question New build won't turn on ?

Sep 8, 2021
I just finished my pc build but somehow it won't start. The CPU fan spins for a second then suddenly stops, GPU fans are spinning as long as power is turned on. When starting the pc the monitor goes from "please check your cable" to "no signal". I have removed the CPU and reinstalled it, switched RAM between different slots, reinstalled GPU. For some reason, I cannot do a bios update either. It blinks up 3 times and then turns into constant light. My flash USB is set to FAT32 filesystem and has the image with the proper name in its root directory. At this point I do not really know what to do, any help would be appreciated.

Components:
  • Asus ROG Strix b450
  • AMD Ryzen 7 3700x
  • 2x4GB DDR4 Ram 2400Mhz
  • 600W Be Quiet PSU
  • RTX 3060 TI
  • 256 GB m.2 SSD

ARICH5

Distinguished
The instructions says the light indicates a DRAM issue. Any idea what this could be? Also the PSU Is brand new, would be a shame if it's dead already.
ok, slim chance on the psu but ive heard of bad 500$ psu's before.

anyways, what brand of ram is it? asus should have a list of ram brand names that only that mobo can use. back in the day the bazooka mobos wasnt compatible with mushkin drams. i dont know if thats still a thing.

Sep 8, 2021
It‘s vengeance corsair ram. 2x4 gb as I mentioned. Even though it’s not the best it works with my other gaming setup too which has significantly better components and a newer motherboard. I will go to their site and check it though.

Sep 8, 2021
I also tried using the ram from my other, working gaming setup and it encounters the same error. Could it be that some cable is not plugged in or something?

Sep 8, 2021
ok, slim chance on the psu but ive heard of bad 500$ psu's before.

anyways, what brand of ram is it? asus should have a list of ram brand names that only that mobo can use. back in the day the bazooka mobos wasnt compatible with mushkin drams. i dont know if thats still a thing.
I've checked their site btw and my RAM is compatible.

Sep 8, 2021
Make sure that the ram pins aren't dirty.
Check SATA cables. (I am not sure about this one but just to check all cables)
Make sure everything is properly secured.
My only drive is a m.2 ssd so no sata cables. it's all brand new and cleaned up but I can't get it to work, I am really desperate right now lol.

Edit: I saw that the USB 3.0 cable wasn't plugged in properly. But I can't even get it in with a lot of force, something I will have to take care of later. However, I don't think this is causing the issue is it?

Sep 8, 2021
its seems stupid, but i would suggest you remove all those cable and re-plug it one by one. since you notice there was a unproperly plugged cable.
Yea, but I had issues with this cable from the beginning. Somehow and with a slight bit of force I managed to get it in there, at least I thought It was. However, I did what you said and still, it just doesn't want to start.

bigbobsmith1968

Honorable
Sep 18, 2018
I definitely would try to fix the usb 3.0 but I don’t think that’s your problem here. If you have another MOBO you should test each part individually

Also I would unplug and replug the 4+4 and the 20+4 Pin. I have had a lot of problems with the 20+4 pin!

Last edited:
Sep 8, 2021
I definitely would try to fix the usb 3.0 but I don’t think that’s your problem here. If you have another MOBO you should test each part individually
Yea, I have 2 motherboards. But the one that would fit all the parts is in use for my other pc which I cba to disassemble. However, the other motherboard only supports Intel CPUs and ddr3 RAM which would be counter productive to test with my ryzen cpu and ddr4 ram to say the least. Man, this is really annoying. I'll try to reassamble the PC and see if that works. Also, my PSU doesn't have a single 8 pin but 2x4 pin for the CPU power. So I basically connected both of them in order to fill up the 8 pin on my motherboard. Could that be an Issue?

Sep 8, 2021
The 2x4Pin should not be a problem at all! So yeah I would rebuild and if it’s Corsair ram I would think that maybe it’s a ram problem… (I have had 2 VERY BAD experiences with Corsair)
Haha, I previously experienced a lot of issues with their ram too. Although I have tested it with the ram from my other gaming setup (the exact same corsair ram just 8 gigs instead of 4) and it did the exact same thing. Let's see if reassembling it will do ^