Discussion Fried connector on modular psu.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Jul 20, 2019
I bought a rm850i and a 6 pin sata peripheral connector has one of the pins fried.
It will affect something?
Can be fixed?
Should i fix the connector if i dont use it.
Sry for my bad English thx.

Mezoxin

Reputable
Nov 3, 2019
Im gonna take my risk and buy this power supply is a corsair good power supply maybe that just a ground pin and every think is ok.
(Update he used that port for a graphics card and he fried the graphics card )
no that is not a ground pin , this is a 12v pin , and he cant use that port for graphics card unless he used molex to 8pin adaptors , and the only case he would find himself in need of adaptors for psu that already has 6 x8pin pcie connectors is that if he was using it for mining

That PSU is abused , damaged and maybe damaged internally DO NOT BUY IT

Reactions: emi2003
Jul 20, 2019
no that is not a ground pin , this is a 12v pin , and he cant use that port for graphics card unless he used molex to 8pin adaptors , and the only case he would find himself in need of adaptors for psu that already has 6 x8pin pcie connectors is that if he was using it for mining

Thx man .
I was gonna take the risk but i dont want it anymore.
Thx for opening my mind.

Reactions: Mezoxin
Jul 20, 2019

I found a rm1000i power supply for just 5 more bucks.
Is used but is working perfectly(how the seller describes it).
Opinion?

Mezoxin

Reputable
Nov 3, 2019
a PSU is the worst pc component to buy used , always buy a new psu , specially for a high end system and specially with how a lot of high end psu's on the used market these days are from mining rigs due to decrease in cryptocurrency

Ralston18

Titan
I would not trust that PSU for any use beyond something where the PSU and all connected components are expendable.

And even then, depending, the PSU could overheat and start a fire. Who knows.

Do not put your PC or any other computer at risk by using the PSU.

Get a new PSU with full warranty - unfortunately that is going to cost more but the risk to your computer will be much less.