Question Fried motherboard??

stefancvij

Prominent
Sep 2, 2019
Hello PC world
Today i was enjoying a game of warzone when suddenly my screen just froze and I just heard the sound of the game repeating itself over and over. I tried to exit the game by pressing the Windows button and ctrl alt del but no response, so i had to hard reset it. When i tried to power the PC back on i dont get any signal from it. All fans are spinning and i Get USB power to my mouse but not the keyboard. I tried using all the ports on the back of the GPU and the motherboard but still no post screen from it. Ive tried using other monitors and resetting the cmos(?). Nothing smells burnt either. Do you think i have a fried motherboard? Also i dont have a speaker for the motherboard so i cant hear error beeps.
I appreciate all the help ❤️

GTX 970 4GB

ASUS B85-G, Socket-1150

HyperX Fury DDR3 1600MHz 8GB

Cooler Master Seidon 120V v2

Intel Core i7-4790

Cooler Master B500 Ver.2, 500W PSU

Hello PC world
Today i was enjoying a game of warzone when suddenly my screen just froze and I just heard the sound of the game repeating itself over and over. I tried to exit the game by pressing the Windows button and ctrl alt del but no response, so i had to hard reset it. When i tried to power the PC back on i dont get any signal from it. All fans are spinning and i Get USB power to my mouse but not the keyboard. I tried using all the ports on the back of the GPU and the motherboard but still no post screen from it. Ive tried using other monitors and resetting the cmos(?). Nothing smells burnt either. Do you think i have a fried motherboard? Also i dont have a speaker for the motherboard so i cant hear error beeps.
I appreciate all the help ❤

GTX 970 4GB

ASUS B85-G, Socket-1150

HyperX Fury DDR3 1600MHz 8GB

Cooler Master Seidon 120V v2

Intel Core i7-4790

Cooler Master B500 Ver.2, 500W PSU
There is always this list to try in this no boot situation
https://forums.tomshardware.com/thr...deo-output-troubleshooting-checklist.1285536/

stefancvij

Prominent
Sep 2, 2019
Here is what you can try
- test with another PSU
-remove the GPU and try with integrated graphics
-and try testing on another motherboard
you have to test all those components separately in order to diagnose

Unfortunately i dont have extra components avaliable, but the hdmi port on the motherboard doesn’t seem to work so i guess i will try to find a 1150 socket motherboard and see. Thanks for the input

stefancvij

Prominent
Sep 2, 2019
I recently bought a second hand ASUS z87 Deluxe and a 700W PSU, which were working perfectly fine for their previous owners. System still wont POST. I’ve tried various BIOS updates via USB but still no luck. I am using the HDMI port on the back of the mobo with a monitor and cable i know for a fact works. I have tried removing everything from the mobo, 1 ram stick etc. Beginning to think it might be the CPU that is fried.