Fried motherboard?

Hi.

I recently changed my graphics card, but inadvertantly failed to check
the new one was seatead properly before powering it up. This resulted in
a burning smell, followed by a completely un-bootable pc!

The new card works fine in another pc, so I'm assuming I blew something
on the motherboard. Is this likely to be the case or could it be
something else such as the processor? The power supply is ok as the
disks have power but nothing powered via the mobo does (cpu/case fans etc.)

Any ideas before I go out and buy a new motherboard please?

TIA

Kenchie.

jad

what board and what vid card.........were you sure of the voltage
requirements? Was the vid card PCI or AGP?

JAD wrote:

> what board and what vid card.........were you sure of the voltage
> requirements? Was the vid card PCI or AGP?

Asus P4C800 DLX. I was putting in a FX5700 LE AGP.

Kenchie.