Question Friend can hear everything on my computer!

Ruben_17

Reputable
Jul 8, 2016
I go to chat with my friend on Discord and he can hear everything that I can hear on my computer Windows sounds, game sounds, videos playing. We then try steam chat and then skype and he can hear my game sounds through everything. I have checked all my drivers and reinstalled them. I have updated windows 10 to the newest update. I have reset all my settings to default and made sure the default devices were correct. I have looked up everything can tried everything and nothing has worked I even tried a different headset.

Lutfij

Titan
Mind sharing the make and model of your headset and how you're connected to the system? Latest BIOS for your motherboard? See if the option to listen to this device is enabled in Sound Manager's Recording tab.

Which version of Windows 10 are you on?

Ruben_17

Reputable
Jul 8, 2016
Mind sharing the make and model of your headset and how you're connected to the system? Latest BIOS for your motherboard? See if the option to listen to this device is enabled in Sound Manager's Recording tab.

Steelseries siberia V2 and I also tried my studio beats headphones plugged into my pc with a splitter. The option listen to this device is turned off and windows 10 pro. I am running a brand new ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero (Wi-Fi) Z390 Gaming Motherboard LGA1151 (Intel 8th 9th gen. I don’t know what the stock bios is

Ruben_17

Reputable
Jul 8, 2016

Bios version/date: American megatrends inc 0905 4/10/2019