Question Friend experiences low CPU and GPU usage, third-party benchmarks with vastly superior results.

pavle2222

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2013
I'm making this thread in the place of my friend, who's having trouble with his new setup when playing the game Hunt:Showdown (and likely other titles).

He's running a Ryzen 5 2600X paired with a 2060 Super, 2x8GBs of DDR4.
My setup is powered by a meager R9 380X, which is around 150% worse in comparison - but our FPS isn't very different on the same settings (~medium).
He's had his drivers refreshed, updated. Everything set to the highest performance on all software - and it helped, slightly.

I've made him download a benchmark overlay and it shows that his usage is only ~45% for both his CPU and his GPU, instead of something like 90%.
All of his temperatures are normal. The game is installed on an SSD.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etbmLgi15R8
This benchmark shows a similar setup (non-super 2060, albeit a slight OC on the 2600) - that gets a FAR BETTER FPS, and a 98% usage on the GPU.
What could be the cause for this?

TL;DR - 45% usage on both CPU and GPU instead of ~90% as seen on YouTube benchmarks.

I'm making this thread in the place of my friend, who's having trouble with his new setup when playing the game Hunt:Showdown (and likely other titles).

He's running a Ryzen 5 2600X paired with a 2060 Super, 2x8GBs of DDR4.
My setup is powered by a meager R9 380X, which is around 150% worse in comparison - but our FPS isn't very different on the same settings (~medium).
He's had his drivers refreshed, updated. Everything set to the highest performance on all software - and it helped, slightly.

I've made him download a benchmark overlay and it shows that his usage is only ~45% for both his CPU and his GPU, instead of something like 90%.
All of his temperatures are normal. The game is installed on an SSD.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etbmLgi15R8
This benchmark shows a similar setup (non-super 2060, albeit a slight OC on the 2600) - that gets a FAR BETTER FPS, and a 98% usage on the GPU.
What could be the cause for this?

TL;DR - 45% usage on both CPU and GPU instead of ~90% as seen on YouTube benchmarks.
Is his bios fully up to date