Question Friend Has Same GPU but Better FPS

devensmarrero

Prominent
Oct 27, 2018
Hello,

My friend and I have just recently gotten new systems that are almost exactly identical. I built and installed the drivers for both systems.

My Spec:

GPU-RTX 2070 SUPER
CPU-Ryzen 5 3600x
RAM- G.Skill 16gb 3600
PSU-750W

Neither of the systems are overclocked and the only difference is that he has an i7-9700k and an 850W PSU.

We both play at 1440p and I matched my game settings with his to test FPS. In games like GTA 5 and PUBG he is consistently getting at least 20 more FPS than I am. I have looked online and in Rainbow six siege ultra settings people are getting 180-210 FPS while I am sitting at 120 with medium settings.

I know his processor is better than mine but I don't think the difference should be that big.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

devensmarrero

Prominent
Oct 27, 2018
Have you updated your motherboard's bios? You didn't mention what mobo you're using. Also update your nvidia drivers try setting your power management in nvidia control panel to 'performance'
My motherboard is the Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite Wifi and it is running the newest bios.(f3b I think is the name) My nvidia drivers are fully up to date and I have done all the maximum performance stuff in nvidia control panel.

My motherboard is the Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite Wifi and it is running the newest bios.(f3b I think is the name) My nvidia drivers are fully up to date and I have done all the maximum performance stuff in nvidia control panel.

Install Unigine superposition and run that benchmark. It's for GPU comparison. Once you get your score, compare it to other peoples score and see if you're below average or within standard deviation.

devensmarrero

Prominent
Oct 27, 2018
Install Unigine superposition and run that benchmark. It's for GPU comparison. Once you get your score, compare it to other peoples score and see if you're below average or within standard deviation.
I think I already have that installed but I can’t remember what my score was, I will run it when I get home from work. I will also get my friend to run it and see where he is.