[SOLVED] Friend having artifact problems, potentially GPU?

drumslayer

Honorable
Apr 25, 2017
Hello all, been a really long time since I posted or responded to anything here, but I need some help.

A friend of mine is asking for help about artifacts appearing on his monitor. I attempted to fix it once before, he has a GTX 1060 3gb. I installed the latest geforce drivers, and unplugged and replugged his power connector from his motherboard. It appeared to be working fine, and we ran the heaven benchmark to see if it would create artifacts under pressure. It did not, and it seemed to be working just fine. It's been about a week that it's been working fine, then today he texted me and said that it was having artifacts again. Anybody have any similar experience or potential solutions? Thanks!

Solution
Only a few things can cause this, failing video card, overheating video card, failing power supply or driver issue. Need to test all those and see where the issue comes from. Check temps, try running a clean driver setup, test with a known good power supply.
Only a few things can cause this, failing video card, overheating video card, failing power supply or driver issue. Need to test all those and see where the issue comes from. Check temps, try running a clean driver setup, test with a known good power supply.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS